FAQ Profile Memberlist Usergroups Register
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages -> Log in  
WM10 Podcast and Playlist Sync Problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> Multimedia Printable version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
web1b
Smartphone Pupil

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:22 pm    Post subject: WM10 Podcast and Playlist Sync Problems Reply with quote

Is there any way to get an iTunes/iPod type experience with a WM5 Smartphone like a 2125?

I'm used to subscribing to podcasts via iTunes, having them automatically download, then creating quick playlists be dragging the podcasts into playlists that sync to the iPod

The only way I can find to get Podcast on my 2125 is to continue to use iTunes to dowload the podcasts, then use Media Player 10 to "monitor" the iTunes Podcast folder and import those tracks into the Media Player library. This is very clunky and doesn't even work reliably.
Trying to select the podcasts I want to add to a playlist and then getting the playlist on the PC to sync with the playlists on the SmartPhone is very difficult and unreliable.
Sometimes I only have a certain amount of time to listen and need to just pick out the podcasts that fit the amount of time I have available and put them in an easy to use playlist, then have that sync automatically when I sync the smartphone with the PC.
Is there a better way to get WM10 to deal with podcasts and playlist synching or is there a reliable an easy to use podcast application for WM5 Smartphones?
GSmith
Smartphone Pupil

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FeederReader is a blog/news reader as well, so you can stay up to date with any RSS Feeds you want as well as download audio and video podcasts.

There is an alpha version of FeederReader available for Windows Mobile Smartphone Edition. If you are interested in putting it through its paces and giving me some solid feedback on the program, I'd love to have your input.

Go to www.FeederReader.com sidebar "Forums" and let me know your configuration in this thread: http://feederreader.pocketcasting.c...topic.php?t=511

Greg Smith
Author, FeederReader - Windows Mobile *direct* RSS text, audio, video, podcasts
www.FeederReader.com - Download on the Road
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> Multimedia All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: