FAQ Profile Memberlist Usergroups Register
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages -> Log in  
Verizon Wireless to Cut Early Termination Fees

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> NEWS Printable version
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would a Prorated Early Termination Fee Make You More Willing to go to Verizon?
Yes
60%
 60%  [ 161 ]
No
13%
 13%  [ 35 ]
I Can't Stand Verizon!
25%
 25%  [ 68 ]
Total Votes : 264

Jerry Raia
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:00 am    Post subject: Verizon Wireless to Cut Early Termination Fees Reply with quote

http://news.com.com/Verizon+Wireles..._3-6089315.html

"Verizon Wireless plans to prorate its early termination fees starting this fall, reducing the amount customers pay to end their service early, Chief Executive Officer Denny Strigl said on Wednesday."

Well this is a nice surprise. Hopefully it is something that other carriers will adopt as well. Would you be more willing to go to Verizon if you knew it would cost you less should you decide to leave before your contract expired?

Source: Experience Mobility

[3125] [BlackJack] [8525]
crispeto
Smartphone Intellectual

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was in a mall in Portland and visited a Verizon store to see the new Q. I wish the Verizon reps didn't act so cocky. I almost get the feeling that it's "our" pleasure to be with them. Rolling Eyes I'd like to send them all to "customer service 101". I'll stay with Tmobile though I'd love to see them adopt this program.
Rocco Augusto
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i remember when AT&T use to do a prorated early termination fee when i first started selling phones. it was 75% of your monthly service charge for each month that you had left. this could either be really good or just bite you on the rump.

crispeto, what mall were you in? lloyd center, pioneer place or clackamas town center?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
crispeto
Smartphone Intellectual

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was in Washington Square. The manager was fairly nice but the guy that supposedly knows "everything" was just plain cocky. The sprint, cingular, and tmobile stores were all much friendlier.
Rocco Augusto
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crispeto wrote:
I was in Washington Square. The manager was fairly nice but the guy that supposedly knows "everything" was just plain cocky. The sprint, cingular, and tmobile stores were all much friendlier.

yea, washington square is like that, its not just verizon. the cingular store down there is actually owned by a third party company named smart wireless. i try to avoid them at all cost. i use to work there but we parted ways after i found out how many times they get sued a year for shady business practices not to mention their employees have a bad habbit of straight up lying to gain sales, selling refurbished phones as new and selling customers the free sim cards and pocketing the cash Evil or Very Mad

if you find yourself in downtown portland there is a verizon right across the street from the pioneer courthouse square. theyre still cocky over there but nowhere near as bad as the verizon stores/kiosk in the malls in the portland tri-city area.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
crispeto
Smartphone Intellectual

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was in downtown on Monday but it was my wed anniversary and I had to be compliant for the misses. It was also waaaaay to hot (102 derees I think)! So which Cingular do you work for? Maybe I'll come in and let you try to convince me that Cingy is the way to go. Laughing Seriously though, I might come in and say hi. If you have the HP 6940 by then, I'd love to see it!
Rocco Augusto
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea, it was insanly hot the other day. i had no idea what was going on, i just laid on my couch with the fan blowing on me wishing for it all to end Laughing

im usually at the cingular store in the pearl district around nw lovejoy and 10th but sometimes you can find me at the other store i watch over, on ne interstate and lombard. stop in, say hello, make sure it isnt to early though because i do not function before i have had my coffee... some people say im downright grouchy Wink
sven
Smartphone Sage

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rocco Augusto wrote:
it was 75% of your monthly service charge for each month that you had left

Well, that's better than 100% of the service fee for each month you have left, which is what folks sign up for.
Rocco Augusto
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sven wrote:
Well, that's better than 100% of the service fee for each month you have left, which is what folks sign up for.

its a lot better. sometimes. Wink

i had a client once that was on an old $100/month plan on a two year contract with the old AT&T when TDMA was the latest and greatest thing.

several months into his plan he comes back into radioshack, where i was working at the time, so i could cancle his account because he wanted to jump to sprint for a better deal. less than 30 days later he comes back with a bill that was around $1050 because he had 14 months left. Shocked

i was estatic when they changed the fee to a flat $150-$200. i personally feel they should leave it at $200 and only prorate that amount if your total monthly service for the time you have left is less than $200. this way its fair and reasonable to both the customer and the company.

most people dont realise that when you sign up for new service that the company cuts a good $100-$200 off the retail price of the handset that you get so canceling your contract a few months into ends it up screwing over the carrier on the handset price. if you break contract early, i feel its only fair that company dings you in some way.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> NEWS All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: