FAQ Profile Memberlist Usergroups Register
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages -> Log in  
Good Readies Push Email Support for Lotus Notes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> SOFTWARE Printable version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike Temporale
Managing Editor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:30 am    Post subject: Good Readies Push Email Support for Lotus Notes Reply with quote

http://www.infoworld.com/article/06...fornotes_1.html

"Good Technology will release through authorized carriers, in July, Good Mobile Messaging for IBM Lotus Domino. The server side technology will use the same push technology as Good uses for Exchange. When the behind-the-firewall Good Mobile Messenger server receives an e-mail, it sends it to Good Security Operations Center, which passes it on to a wireless network and then down to the mobile device. Also like Good's Exchange server application, no attempt was made to make the user interface look like Lotus Notes. Rather, according to Sue Forbes, vice president and general manager of Good's IBM Business Unit, Good believes the better choice was to optimize the software for a small, mobile screen."

This is good news if you're a Lotus Notes user. Not only are you finally going to be able to enjoy push email, but you're also not stuck with some clumsy Notes-like interface on your mobile device. Wink Good has always done a great job of understanding the mobile user and I'm glad they haven't lost site of this while working on a Notes solution. So all you Lotus Notes users can rejoice now. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> SOFTWARE All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: