FAQ Profile Memberlist Usergroups Register
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages -> Log in  
Nokia's Aeon Concept Mobile Phone

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> THE COMPETITION Printable version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike Temporale
Managing Editor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:15 am    Post subject: Nokia's Aeon Concept Mobile Phone Reply with quote

http://www.phonearena.com/htmls/rea...les.php?id=1615

"Nokia’s site showed the manufacturer’s idea of the future phone with their concept called Aeon, which is a sleek phone with touch display covering almost the whole of its front surface, being used as both display and navigation method. We’ve no idea if this thing will be comfortable for use, and we’re sure that it won’t be out soon, but one thing is for sure – there are many folks out there that want it vigorously."

This is one sweet design. I'm not sure how well a full touch screen device would work, but I think it would be interesting to try out. It would really change the idea of customizing your phones appearance. It's no longer just a home screen skin. It would be a complete phone skin! There's a couple other pictures of this device in different colours/states over at Phone Arena. Check them out and let us know your thoughts.
jfreiman
Smartphone Theorist

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where is the battery in a phone like this?

The other thing I don't understand is the keypad. More and more people are using texting and I wish I saw something about this phones keypad which allowed for easier texting -- they keypad just looks too slippery to me.
Mike Temporale
Managing Editor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jfreiman wrote:
Where is the battery in a phone like this?

Well, with concept designs, you tend to not worry about the little things and focus on the overall picture. If Nokia decides to make such a phone, chances are it will be a little different and perhaps thicker to make room for a battery.

jfreiman wrote:
The other thing I don't understand is the keypad. More and more people are using texting and I wish I saw something about this phones keypad which allowed for easier texting -- they keypad just looks too slippery to me.

What's cool about this concept is that the dial pad is just a screen, so there's every reason to think that you could have a qwerty keyboard show up when it's time for texting and a dial pad for phone calls. Cool
Jerry Raia
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a bit compelling.

[3125] [BlackJack] [8525]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> THE COMPETITION All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: