FAQ Profile Memberlist Usergroups Register
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages -> Log in  
Motorola Q users
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> Motorola-based Smartphones Printable version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kris Kumar
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

byteme wrote:
Thanks for the responses Smile Just won an auction for a Q so I will soon be a user.

Awesome! Smile
byteme
Smartphone Theorist

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kris Kumar wrote:
byteme wrote:
Thanks for the responses Smile Just won an auction for a Q so I will soon be a user.

Awesome! Smile

It's here Very Happy Only played with it a few minutes so far (I'll have more time tomorrow) but at first blush, the screen is really nice but the phone seems a little sluggish. It's been a long while since I had a Samsung I600 but I recall it being a bit more responsive. Guess I'll have to dig around in the forums for some speed up tips Wink
scottb
Smartphone Ponderer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

byteme wrote:
It's here Very Happy Only played with it a few minutes so far (I'll have more time tomorrow) but at first blush, the screen is really nice but the phone seems a little sluggish. It's been a long while since I had a Samsung I600 but I recall it being a bit more responsive. Guess I'll have to dig around in the forums for some speed up tips Wink

I have both the Q and an i600. The Q is definitely more responsive for me. Play around a bit more...
byteme
Smartphone Theorist

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="scottb"]
byteme wrote:

I have both the Q and an i600. The Q is definitely more responsive for me. Play around a bit more...

Oh you can count on that. I'll spend the afternoon playing with it and getting the new sync manager going in Vista beta 2 on my Duo Core iMac.
Mike Temporale
Managing Editor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure you hard reset the device to clear out whatever the previous owner might have done with it. Smile
byteme
Smartphone Theorist

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Temporale wrote:
Make sure you hard reset the device to clear out whatever the previous owner might have done with it. Smile

I plan on it but this is a replacement phone that was only 2 days old. The previous owner already knew he was going to sell it so it wasn't used at all. Still had the plastic on the screen and IR port.
azdps
Smartphone Neophyte

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:36 pm    Post subject: Q's Quite Qool ! Reply with quote

byteme wrote:
Thanks Kris. Guess no one else has this smartphone here. You said "liked" as in past tense. Do you still have the Q? EV-DO hasn't rolled out yet in my location (but it's coming real soon Wink ) I think I have determined what's causing the high data charges for some people. They haven't disabled PUSH and there isn't an 'auto disconnect' option for the data connection. Reading other sites this little device has become a love/hate thing but when I read rants about it not having a touch screen . . . makes you wonder whether the device is really that bad or the people using them are clueless. Think I'll take the plunge Very Happy

*I also have the Q. and I like it allot. I had the XV6700 before, which is also nice, obviously, but I'm glad I also had the vx 8100 too because, to me, the 6700 was too inconvenient when it came to the use of a simple Cell phone for making / answering calls and Text messaging. Probabaly just me, being used to the simplicity of a reg. Cell for those purposes. That's why I felt the Q was / is a great compromise for ME. I even did the Moto. update, which really did'nt yeald me much as I'm with MSN and their Software is allready pre-loaded on the device, like the 6700 was too.
Bottom line, in my opinion it's great !
my
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> Motorola-based Smartphones All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: