FAQ Profile Memberlist Usergroups Register
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages -> Log in  
Giveaway - 5 Copies of Sprite Backup for Smartphone
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> EVENT Printable version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike Temporale
Managing Editor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:00 am    Post subject: Giveaway - 5 Copies of Sprite Backup for Smartphone Reply with quote

http://www.spritesoftware.com

Have you suffered the pain of data loss? Backups are something everyone should be doing, and I'm not just talking about your desktop. I'm talking about your Smartphone. Back at the end of June, Sprite Backup released their Windows Mobile 5 backup client for the Smartphone. Even if you don't have much in the way of 3rd party applications installed, the time and effort that is put into getting all your settings back to the way you like them can be crazy. I'm talking more than just a couple home screens and ringtones. There's also Email account settings, Sync settings, data & carrier settings, owner and device name information, etc... These are things that sync'ing with your desktop won't do for you. However, Sprite Backup can easily take care of all of this and more. Smile And now, thanks to the Sprite Software, 5 lucky readers will win a license for Sprite Backup.

All you need to do to enter is reply to this thread and share your own personal backup nightmare (real or not, it doesn't matter). You have until the end of day, Friday August 11th to enter. Winners will be randomly selected from all the qualifying replies and announced on Monday August 14th. Good luck and let the story telling begin! Very Happy
damonb10
Smartphone Pupil

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I had a failure of my smartphone once and ended up losing all of my data. Granted, I was able to get everything setup again, but it took about 4 hours of my time spread across a couple days!!

Sprite Backup would definitely help that situation.
racerx
Smartphone Pupil

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After trying that "other" program (http://richtech.wordpress.com/2006/...ste-your-money/ ), I could really use a program that does what its supposed to do!

</RacerX>
http://richtech.wordpress.com/
avianquest
Smartphone Neophyte

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my smartphone never experienced a back-up before.
i'm looking forward to seeing a bright new day when i get to realize this happening. Very Happy

Last edited by avianquest on Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:32 am; edited 1 time in total
adamcb
Smartphone Neophyte

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a dark stormy night in the streets of Beruit. I was covertly scouting out some suspected terrorists when I spotted a couple loading chemical weapons onto rockets. Their plan was clear and I had only one chance to warn of impending danger. I reached for my trusty smartphone to call HQ for an intervention and I was ambushed. As I fought of 15 or twenty of the attackers yet another swarm surrounded me, their goal was to erase my phone. I fought even harder to prevent the dreaded wipping of my contacts... yet it was fruitless. As the last of the attackers fell I snatched my phone from his hand only to find I was too late, my phone was wiped. The terrorist won and I was on my own to prevent the chemical attack.

I cautiously approached the waiting caravan loaded with the chemical weapons. Lucikly I had dispatched of all the personel in my previous encounter, yet I knew I had to get rid of the chemicals somehow... I I knew of only one way... I had to drink the dreaded chemicals before re-inforcements could arrive. As luck would have it, I finished the last drop as I saw headlights peak over the mountain in the distance. I summened the last of my strength and scurried off into the hills so that my body would not become their weapon.

Had I a backup utility to backup my phone I would have been spared the agony of consuming the dreaded chemical called "Becks" to save the world.
mbranscum
Smartphone Intellectual

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow...how could ANYONE top adamcb's story? I think he should win a copy without waiting for the drawing!!! Laughing

I had an SMT5600 that re-set one night (although skys were clear) and it wiped out all my data. Took quite a while to get everything back in order.
Edgar
Smartphone Thinker

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would fill the servers space with my countless SP horror stories. I have an MPX220 after all.

I would use this software on aa new and brighter day - one where I would have a nice HTC or Samsung SP in my hand running WM5.

-Edgar
Jerry Raia
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just so you all know, the Q isn't supported. I've tried it and it seems to work on the backup side. I haven't tried a recovery though. I know I am a coward! Shocked

[3125] [BlackJack] [8525]
LarryKeith
Smartphone Neophyte

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a formula for cold fusion on my phone, but something happened and I had to reset it. Now all that hard work and research will have to be repeated. I wish I had been using a backup solution.
ARW
Smartphone Theorist

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't had a problem with my SP5m yet, but my i600 was a whole different story. Would love to give this a go as insurance against something bad.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> EVENT All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: