FAQ Profile Memberlist Usergroups Register
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages -> Log in  
Giveaway - 5 Copies of Sprite Backup for Smartphone
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> EVENT Printable version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jvanliew
Smartphone Pupil

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also do not have a sad story to tell......yet.

And I would rather not have to go there.
sen
Smartphone Neophyte

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my T-mobile SDA there is an application named 'Clear Storage' under Accessorries. The icon looks little weird, looks like a trash can. I thought it is going to clear the temp files and free up some memory. You know what it did, it wiped out everything, I mean everything. Man, it did a hard reset!!! I wish I had sprite backup at that time.

Sen
GreatDay
Smartphone Neophyte

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I got my Q, I knew the first "must have" app was going to be Sprite Backup (and i'll wait as long as it takes for the Q version to get here). I learned numerous times with my old ppc what it's like to have to re-install apps and utilities collected over months and years. So when I got a new Dell Axim for a good friend and convinced him to give up his Palm, I had to talk him into a few programs for it--he does NOT like to fiddle, he does not pay attention to what's out there, he does not enjoy learning how to work a program, and he just wants to USE his device. He got out his credit card, said: "you can pick two programs--and they better be worth it", and I immediately got him SBSH's Pocket Breeze and Contact Breeze because they would make using the device best for his business and what he does. When I said there was one more he had to have, Sprite Backup, he acted like I was some car salesmen he was about to show the door. He went for it, but he was not pleased. A few weeks later he called to say his screen was blank, all of his contacts and appointments were gone, and there was no information whatsoever on the Axim. Well, of course, it had hard reset when the battery died while he was away on his honeymoon. I went over to his house, set his device in its cradle and clicked restore on the desktop in Sprite Backup, and his eyes got as big as saucers when he saw everything return. He was so grateful, he got out his small private plane and flew me to the neighboring town for breakfast. While we were eating, he actually asked if there were any other programs this company makes that he should know about.....
qnelson
Smartphone Neophyte

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never had to use it on my smartphone.

QNelson
dornier
Smartphone Neophyte

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There I was, using my GPS program on my O2 Xphone, when the program crashed. I thought to myself, self, what are we going to do? I pulled over only to discover that my phone performed a hard reset all by itself. I lost it all, my mind and the program I really needed. I had installed the program on the storage card, but still needed the original CAB file to re-install. Since then, I always keep my GPS program CAB file on the storage card just in case this happens again.

I now own a T-Mobile SDA (USA version) and it would be nice if they included the Sprite Backup program instead of Bubble Breaker!

Thanks,

George
bkattenburg
Smartphone Neophyte

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was out of town on business when my SMT5600 reset. Luckily my work supplied me with a Crackberry so I was able to make calls, but how did I survive the flights home without my Sudoku???

Plus I already run Sprite Backup weekly on my Dell X50v. Hopefully being a current customer makes a difference... Wink
jbanster
Smartphone Neophyte

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:21 pm    Post subject: backups o'plenty Reply with quote

This is my first smartphone (Cingular 2125) and I love it. So far, I've had no need to restore from a backup, but it would make me feel GREAT to know a backup is available. I've definitely had plenty of need to restore backups for my previous Pocket PCs!
scottb
Smartphone Ponderer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used Sprite on my PPC plenty of times. I hope I don't really have to use it on my Smartphone, but I can't use it unless I have it! I love these giveaways! Smile
davea0288
Smartphone Pupil

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since my T-Mobile SDA is also HTC- Tornado; a real tornado ripping the phone from your fingers and sending it thru a pine tree down the road would certainly result in the need for a new "tornado" and the Sprite Backup. I've used this program on my Dell X50 and really love it. Getting the SDA "Smartphone" version to complete my set would sure be super!
dh
Smartphone Ponderer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My backup nightmare is simple. Using a smartphone to basically organise my like, I'm at the mercy of an unstable OS that keeps causing me to have to remove the battery when it locks up.

It has a habit of renaming the memory card so the system can't see it and trying to remove programs works about 50% of the time. I'm always expecting it to lose data at a time I don't have access to my PC.

Sprite Backup would be a great help.

Thanks
DAvid
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> EVENT All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: