FAQ Profile Memberlist Usergroups Register
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages -> Log in  
Vito's Custom Ringtone Editor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> SOFTWARE Printable version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike Temporale
Managing Editor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:00 am    Post subject: Vito's Custom Ringtone Editor Reply with quote

http://www.smartphone.net/smartphon...ail.asp?id=2465

"VITO Ringtone Editor is the quickest way to create your own ringtones. All you need to do is listen to the melody and choose its part to assign as a ringtone. User-friendly intuitive interface simplifies the process greatly. While the melody is playing you mark the beginning and the end of a ringtone: just a matter of two presses. The ringtone is created! Now you can immediately assign it as a default ringtone or just save it. You can also replay or edit it."

This looks like the easiest tool to-date to create your own custom ringtone and what's even easier, is that you can do it from your phone. Very Happy Check out our affiliate store for a demo version or to purchase a copy for $9.95.
ARW
Smartphone Theorist

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given how phone crippling buggy AudioNotes is I'd have to pass on anything else from Vito.

RE Vito, anybody else notice how the emails they send out are date with the year 2000? Not sure if they're incompetent or trying to be a bit sneaky.
Jerry Raia
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least you got an email! They didn't even bother to reply to mine! Laughing

[3125] [BlackJack] [8525]
bshpmark
Smartphone Ponderer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I just downloaded the trial version of this program. Not impressed. First, a trial download should work. This one did not. I installed it on my SDA running WM5. The program ran it just did not do anything. It did not play any sound when I selected the file to make into a ringtone. It did not let me make the two key presses to select which portions of the file to select as the ringtone.

Second, a piece of software should completely uninstall when you remove it. This one did not. I had to manually remove it from the phone.

Third, the program automatically created a directory on the phone in the Windows directory called Rings in which it stored the new ring tones. Another program that eats up phone storage!

Nah, I'll pass.

This is the second piece of VITO software I have tried that did not work well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> SOFTWARE All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: