FAQ Profile Memberlist Usergroups Register
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages -> Log in  
Microsoft Adds a File Explorer and New Start Menu Navigation to its Smartphone OS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> SOFTWARE Printable version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jerry Raia
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:00 pm    Post subject: Microsoft Adds a File Explorer and New Start Menu Navigation Reply with quote

http://www.theunwired.net/?itemid=3223

"With the latest Windows Mobile 5.0 AKU 2.3 release for Smartphones, Microsoft added some useful features to its Smartphone platform, including a file explorer and a slightly modified Start menu. Microsoft always uses these AKU releases to either fix bugs or to add new features and while most stuff and changes are under the hood, these two new features can be seen and used by the users and both adds more convenience to the Smartphone use."

One of the things I like about my Q is being able to scroll through all the programs in the start grid view. Until now you had to "more" your way through it on all the other Smartphones. Some enhancements to the built in file explorer are also included. The catch here of course is will you be able get your hands on this latest AKU. Here is a list of them so you can see where you are. Smile

[3125] [BlackJack] [8525]
davidwsica
Smartphone Pupil

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So how does one go about detemining if/when an upgrade is available for your model? I'm currently with the 2125 but will be receiving my MTeoR anyday now.

David
Kris Kumar
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To learn about updates you will have to frequently visit our site. Wink

Sadly there is no easy way to dig up the updates on the carrier's Web site. HTC has done a good job of posting all the updates for its devices on http://america.htc.com [check under support].
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> SOFTWARE All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: