FAQ Profile Memberlist Usergroups Register
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages -> Log in  
over the air synchro for the cingular 8125?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> AT&T Wireless - Cingular Printable version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
asiweb
Smartphone Neophyte

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:07 pm    Post subject: over the air synchro for the cingular 8125? Reply with quote

Hello,

I've been able to connect my cingular 8125 to my pop3 email. however i need to configure it for over the air synchronization (windows mobile 5.0) but have had no success.

whenever i attempt to synchronize i receive the message "synchronization error". any thoughts?
Mike Temporale
Managing Editor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the 8125 is actually a Pocket PC and not a Smartphone (using the windows Mobile definition). You will have better luck asking your question on our sister site Pocket PC Thoughts

As far as I can think; is your device setup for Data? Does your Cingular account support data?

When you say you can do POP3 email, you mean via ActiveSync with your desktop, right?
sven
Smartphone Sage

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Temporale wrote:
When you say you can do POP3 email, you mean via ActiveSync with your desktop, right?

And if you do mean syncing with your desktop, it isn't going to happen with WM5 at all. WM5 will only sync over the air with an exchange server. The ability to do IP sync with AS and a desktop was removed for security reasons. That typically is referenced as WiFi sync around the house, but also includes syncing with the desktop via network cable (CF network card) or from the internet whether GPRS, edge, Wifi hotspot or whatever. The AS feature of syncing with Outlook on your desktop doesn't work other than USB, BT, serial, or IR...period.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> AT&T Wireless - Cingular All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: