FAQ Profile Memberlist Usergroups Register
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages -> Log in  
Pop Gmail disappearing out of inbox

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> HTC-based Microsoft Smartphones Printable version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
richtack
Smartphone Neophyte

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:21 pm    Post subject: Pop Gmail disappearing out of inbox Reply with quote

I can't be the only one to have this problem, but I'm getting desperate as i search the web.

I have set up Gmail as a pop account on my Cingular 8125 using Windows Mobile 5. I also have a yahoo pop account that works flawlessly. But on my gmail account, emails occasionally disappear out of the inbox. they are not in the deleted items or any other folder. Sometimes I'll even get a notification of a new gmail message, and when i "view" it, all i have is an empty inbox. When i double check www.gmail.com, there is the phantom message i got the notification for!

Please, someone, help. I'm pulling out my little remaining hair.
Jerry Raia
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As the 8125 is a Pocket PC phone device, you might want to have a look at www.pocketpcthoughts.com Smile

I have not seen this behavior in my own 8125.

[3125] [BlackJack] [8525]
Mike Temporale
Managing Editor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't there some setting in Gmail to tell it that you're going to use POP and how it should handle that?
jfran
Smartphone Pupil

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Temporale wrote:
Isn't there some setting in Gmail to tell it that you're going to use POP and how it should handle that?

Yes there is, by default once your mails are viewed on your device they are archived to the all mails folder in gmail by default, you need to change the settings and all should be fine.

rgds

Jim
Gavino1212
Smartphone Pupil

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:29 am    Post subject: Disappearing Pop mail Reply with quote

Actually I've noticed the samething on my SDA with my Yahoo account. Mustbe a Windows thing.
dodgedis
Smartphone Neophyte

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same thing happens to me whether or not I have my gmail account set up to archive or save all. The closest answer I have gotten from a tmobile rep is that the device might delete my emails when my memory gets low. I don't think thats the anwer though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> HTC-based Microsoft Smartphones All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: