FAQ Profile Memberlist Usergroups Register
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages -> Log in  
Wanted: WM5 smartphone + USB 2 + QVGA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> Buy & Sell Printable version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kkauffman
Smartphone Neophyte

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:18 pm    Post subject: Wanted: WM5 smartphone + USB 2 + QVGA Reply with quote

Why is it so hard to find this combination? Shocked

I use my phone as an MP3 player at the gym, and I like to change out the music regularly so USB 2 speeds are paramount for me...beyond that, it'd be nice to have QVGA screen resolution and WM5.

All phones I've looked at seem to have USB1.1 Mad

It'd also be nice if whatever phone it was was a "supported" phone...meaning that the mfr gives some regular updates to include things like stereo-over-bluetooth ... that it's not an 'abandoned' phone.

Can anyone point me in a good direction?

THANK YOU!
Mike Temporale
Managing Editor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the only USB2 device out there is the Samsung i300. But that's got many other problems - like extremely poor battery life. Oh, and it doesn't run WinMo5.

USB2 is a common request / rant around these parts. No idea why it's been left out of the phones for so long.
encece
Smartphone Oracle

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...em=140023740295

Buy my QTEK 8500.
It is not USB 2.0 as Mike said...but it has everything else you're looking for. PLUS, it's really thin and small with a great MP3 interface on the front.

Also, it's CID Unlocked, which means you can install ANY StrTrk ROM on it you wish. So if QTEK comes out with a better update before imate, then you can download the ROM from XDA-Developers and install it onto the phone.
aximilation
Smartphone Ponderer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The smart idea would be to take a phone such as the sp5m and use a minisd card, 1-2 gb would be good, and to transfer music, pop the card and put it in an adapter, that should be USB 2 right there. You may even have better luck if you look into faster cards, I'm not sure how that might affect it, but it's worth looking into. All I know is that they advertise 150X cards or something. Let me know if you find how this affects it.

Graham - Webmaster: http://aximilation.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> Buy & Sell All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: