FAQ Profile Memberlist Usergroups Register
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages -> Log in  
TELUS Q connectivity problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> Motorola-based Smartphones Printable version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dizzle
Smartphone Neophyte

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:49 am    Post subject: TELUS Q connectivity problem Reply with quote

I am having an problem connecting to anything. Whenever I launch a web based program I get a connection error that reads:

"Your internet connection is not configured properly. Please verify your setings in data Connections."

This error message seems very generic, as there is no category that I can find labeled "Data Connections" I have checked all the connection settings I could find from within the settings folder, in the IE connection options and a few other usless connection options.

I called tech support and they were very little help. The call ended with them suggesting a hard reset. I cannot connect viw activesync anymore either, I get an error message about a VPN client blocking the connection or something.

Any Ideas?

The only thing I have done to my Q is installed NES and SNES emulators, and I also added customised homescreens.

I would do a hard reset but I would loose my contact list and since activesync is not working I cant back it up via outlook Sad .. is there a way I can backup a file on my Q that has the contact list info??

Thx in advance for any suggestions Smile

EDT: Spelling
Mike Temporale
Managing Editor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:07 am    Post subject: Re: TELUS Q connectivity problem Reply with quote

dizzle wrote:
I am having an problem connecting to anything. Whenever I launch a web based program I get a connection error that reads:

"Your internet connection is not configured properly. Please verify your setings in data Connections."

This error message seems very generic, as there is no category that I can find labeled "Data Connections" I have checked all the connection settings I could find from within the settings folder, in the IE connection options and a few other usless connection options.

You'll want to look under Start / Settings / Connections - but I don't have a Telus Q so I don't know what the values should be. Telus can give you these settings. If the person you talk to doesn't know, ask for someone else that is familar with the Q. Or try your call again. Maybe visit a store, they should be able to help you with this issue.

dizzle wrote:
I called tech support and they were very little help. The call ended with them suggesting a hard reset. I cannot connect viw activesync anymore either, I get an error message about a VPN client blocking the connection or something.

Well, a hard reset isn't a bad idea, but I don't think it's the solution just yet. Try turning off any firewalls you might have on your computer. Also, make sure you have the latest version of ActiveSync from the Microsoft web site.
dizzle
Smartphone Neophyte

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyvm for the suggestions Mike. I think I will give TELUS technical assistance another chance, and definatly visit a store if that doesnt work out.

I did look under start > settings > connections. All I saw there are beam and VPN, those settings are set to automatic when I go into the advanced section, in case anyone with a TELUS Q can verify these settings. : )
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> Motorola-based Smartphones All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: