FAQ Profile Memberlist Usergroups Register
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages -> Log in  
Inserting a pause into a number to be dialed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> Tips 'n Tricks Printable version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bernie
Smartphone Neophyte

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:29 pm    Post subject: Inserting a pause into a number to be dialed Reply with quote

This trick works with Verizon. I'm not sure if it works with other carriers. If you want to insert a pause into a stored number on your phone, all you have to do is put a "p" between the numbers. If you want a hard pause, such that it does not continue until you hit the send button again, then put a "w" between the numbers.

This trick is usefull for accessing voice mail. You simply type the number to access your voicemail followed by a "w", and then your password. (ex. To program for your verizon cell phone voice mail 555-555-5555w#6666 where the 5's equal your cellphone number and the 6's equal your password.

I've tried this with serveral phones including a Kyrocera, Samsung i600, and Motorola Q.

Hope it works for you too Laughing
ditch_azeroth
Smartphone Intellectual

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dunno if this will help.. but when you are saving phone numbers in your contacts (in not all, most smartphones), you can actually use the right menu button to insert a pause or wait in the number... but i guess your trick does exactly the same thing so... good find ^_^
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> Tips 'n Tricks All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: