FAQ Profile Memberlist Usergroups Register
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages -> Log in  
Vito CopyPaste Adds Copy & Paste Functionality to Your Smartphone
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> SOFTWARE Printable version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike Temporale
Managing Editor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:30 am    Post subject: Vito CopyPaste Adds Copy & Paste Functionality to Your S Reply with quote

http://vitotechnology.com/en/produc.../copypaste.html

"System utility that greatly simplifies managing your Smartphone. CopyPaste does exactly what its name says in any editable field – edit box. Copy or cut the info from an edit box and paste it to another one. You can also select the necessary part of the edit box contents for copying or cutting to another editable field. CopyPaste saves your time and ink."

Vito has just released a new freeware application - CopyPaste. As you might guess, it allows you to copy and paste information on your Smartphone. This is one of those features that everyone has been asking for and can't believe that it's not a standard part of the OS. Well, you don't have to run out and buy a third party solution any longer. Vito's CopyPaste program is free for everyone to enjoy.

A word of advice for those going to try this out. There is no installer for Vito CopyPaste. Instead, just copy the EXE to your phone (\Storage Card\Program Files\Vito\CopyPaste\VitoCopyPaste.exe) and then using your phones file explorer, create a shortcut in the Start Menu. (\Windows\Start Menu\Accessories) Then you can create a speed dial entry for it. Very Happy
Kris Kumar
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW! awesome. Cool Wonder if it is Q compatible?

VITO Web site wrote:
"Copy the file VitoCopyPaste.exe to your Smartphone (e.g. to \Storage\Program Files\VITO\CopyPaste).
Attention! Do not copy it to the default star-up folder (\Storage\Windows\StartUp or \Windows\StartUp). To disable VitoCopyPaste run VitoCopyPaste.exe again."

Wonder why we are not supposed to copy this exe into the Startup folder. I don't want to associate it with a shortcut key and then launch it everytime I turn on my phone. Confused I want it to run all the time.
crispeto
Smartphone Intellectual

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any other tricks I should know? I copied the .exe to the folders you mention but the program does nothing. It just sits there no matter how many times I click on it. I do I actually start the program?
Kris Kumar
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

crispeto wrote:
Any other tricks I should know? I copied the .exe to the folders you mention but the program does nothing. It just sits there no matter how many times I click on it. I do I actually start the program?

I haven't tried it, but I am sure that when you launch the program, you will not see anything, it will just run in the background all the time.

But when you go to any edit box, where you are inputting text and hold down on the action key, you will get the special menu popup. Wink
encece
Smartphone Oracle

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great utility app. Now listed in my mandetory install.
MS should buy it and include it in the core OS.
Works GREAT!
What a time saver!
Two thumbs up!
WOW!
Very Happy
crispeto
Smartphone Intellectual

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, this one has me beat. I'm either a total moron (quite possible) or it doesn't work on an SDA. I copied VitoCopyPaste.exe to \Storage\Program Files\VITO\CopyPaste. I then clicked on the program and attempted to edit a contact. When I click on my action button absolutely nothing happens. Am I doing something wrong? It states on the website that it only works on unlocked phones - is that true? Thanks for any help.
iJITSU
Smartphone Pupil

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in the same boat. I followed the instructions, but when I press and hold the select button on my 8500 it does nothing.
ARW
Smartphone Theorist

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this as buggy as AudioNotes?
encece
Smartphone Oracle

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

are your phones application unlocked?
are you in a text or number field when holding down the action button? It doesnt do anything when not in one of those fields
Jerry Raia
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't tried this yet but I'm not very impressed with Vito. Their support is lousy as well.

[3125] [BlackJack] [8525]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> SOFTWARE All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: