FAQ Profile Memberlist Usergroups Register
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages -> Log in  
How do I put a theme on my smartphone?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> Tips 'n Tricks Printable version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lincn
Smartphone Neophyte

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:12 pm    Post subject: How do I put a theme on my smartphone? Reply with quote

Okay this maybe a really stupid question but I am having a hell of a hard time doing this...Ifound a few really cool themes on the inernet useing my pc I downloaded the themes to my pc and then I tried to drag and drop them into my "home" file in my smartphone which kinda works but when I go inside my Motorolla Q to settings- home screen- background image. the theme I draged isn't there. What the hell am I doing wrong or what is it that I need to do in order to get the themes I find on my smartphone?

-linc Question
Mike Temporale
Managing Editor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It depends on the type of theme file you downloaded. Some people package them up into a CAB or HME file. In this case, you just copy these to any folder on your Smartphone. Then open file manager on your Smartphone, browse to the files and run them.

If all you downloaded was a XML file, them copy if directly to your \application data\home folder.

If you downloaded a zip file, unpack this on your computer and see what type of file is inside. Take action as listed above. Wink

Try that and let us know. Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> Tips 'n Tricks All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: