FAQ Profile Memberlist Usergroups Register
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages -> Log in  
Cingular 3125: The Taste Test
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> THOUGHT Printable version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mpaquette
Smartphone Ponderer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Does anyone recall a registry setting to tone down how often the 'keep alive' feature calls home?

Check out this article , it has everything you ever wanted to know about MS direct push.
Brent372
Smartphone Neophyte

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't remember his name, but the same guy that made Virtual Earth Mobile also makes a toggle BlueTooth application.
Just one click and BT is on or off.
Check the Virtual Earth Mobile blog on Microsoft's website and cross refernce back to the author's other entries.
Hyer
Smartphone Pupil

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:05 am    Post subject: Blinking Lights Reply with quote

Has anyone figured out a way to make the blue tooth and "I'm on" lights blink less frequently/never. I believe this is one of the big power drains.
Jerry Raia
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well here are some of my initial impressions. First of all, I have missed not having clam shell Smartphone. I really like the external display. You have several styles of clocks to choose from both digital and analog. I already changed the background image to the same as my avatar here. I like the internal display too. Just a bit smaller than my 2125 but unless I hold them together I can barely see the difference.

I don’t like the buttons on the sides of the top of the phone! It makes changing the volume while in a call awkward, requiring hand gymnastics to reach them. In the manual one of these buttons is supposed to start the comm manager. It does not! It starts the voice tag application. The only way to get to the comm manager, which I use often, is through the start menu. I use a speed dial to make this easier but I miss how you could hold down the power button on the 2125 to get there.

I really like the key pad. My only small gripe is sometimes I hit the navigational keys when I’m trying to just hit the action button. I am totally denying the existence of the media buttons on the front. To me they are just a nice trim decoration.

I haven’t used the camera much but I do like having an image to look at if I want to turn it on myself via the external display.

Overall I like it!

[3125] [BlackJack] [8525]
jfreiman
Smartphone Theorist

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I was all excited about getting the 3125 phone I rushed around town the day it was released to buy one.
After all that I ended up returning it a week later. I couldn't get used to the side buttons. EVERY TIME I opened the phone the volume button would be pressed and that just annoyed me.
Also, the phone is just wide enough were texting with one hand wasn't convienient (and I have long fingers) -- resulting in my having to hold the phone with both hands.
Another thing I didn't like was the 'cheap' internal display -- It's truely not as good as the 2125.
What did I like? I liked the way it fit in my pocket, the response time of the texting was great and the way people reacted when they saw it. Wink
After all that, I decided that the phone wasn't for me and I'd wait for a slimmer sexier version of the 2125 or a device that was geared more as a MUSIC/video player than the current devices.
Rocco Augusto
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerry Raia wrote:
I don’t like the buttons on the sides of the top of the phone! It makes changing the volume while in a call awkward, requiring hand gymnastics to reach them. In the manual one of these buttons is supposed to start the comm manager. It does not! It starts the voice tag application. The only way to get to the comm manager, which I use often, is through the start menu. I use a speed dial to make this easier but I miss how you could hold down the power button on the 2125 to get there.

i accidently found while trying to activate my speakerphone that if you hold the "home" key down it will take you to the quick list and you can select option "2" for the comm manager. not as easy as it use to be, but i can get use to it Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jerry Raia
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AH good find! Why didn't I think of that! Laughing

servoisgod
Smartphone Pupil

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerry Raia wrote:
AH good find! Why didn't I think of that! Laughing

Yess indeed, very cool!

Smile

Aaron
Kris Kumar
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe that I got this phone in mail more than a week ago and all I have done till now is figured out how to put the microSD card, which BTW took forever.

I am planning that I might be staying up late tonight to play with it. [After I am done mowing the lawn Sad ]
Jerry Raia
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kris Kumar wrote:
I can't believe that I got this phone in mail more than a week ago and all I have done till now is figured out how to put the microSD card, which BTW took forever.

Tell me about it. Could they have made it anymore difficult?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> THOUGHT All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: