FAQ Profile Memberlist Usergroups Register
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages -> Log in  
Spicing Up Voicemail: YouMail

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> OFF-TOPIC Printable version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rocco Augusto
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:36 pm    Post subject: Spicing Up Voicemail: YouMail Reply with quote

http://www.youmail.com/

"YouMail is the new voicemail for cell phones. Among many features, it allows you to record unique voice greetings for anyone who calls you, based on their caller ID. Individualize your voice greetings for friends, family or important callers while maintaining a standard greeting for work and unknown callers. Check your voice messages from any phone or via the web and forward favorite messages to anyone via email. Have fun with the already infamous DITCHMAIL feature that hangs up on unwanted callers after your custom greeting for them is played."

After moving back to Cingular I remembered one of the reasons why I left in the first place. I loath their voicemail service! Personally, I try to do without voicemail and everyone that needs to get a hold of me knows to either send me a text message or send me an email. This can all change with the services provided by YouMail as I am now a huge fan of "DITCHMAIL" and I have never even used it! Wink

Source: Pocket PC Thoughts
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
chiptransisto
Smartphone Pupil

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no mention of cost. Is this service free?
Rocco Augusto
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you can still grab a beta account the service is free. i would suggest signing up asap Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ctmagnus
Smartphone Theorist

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Y'know, I really, really, really want to use this, but it's not open to Canadians. Only Americans. The "British babe" (to quote someone on the PPCT thread) accent kinda throws you in that regard.
Mike Temporale
Managing Editor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ctmagnus wrote:
Y'know, I really, really, really want to use this, but it's not open to Canadians. Only Americans. The "British babe" (to quote someone on the PPCT thread) accent kinda throws you in that regard.

I guess it costs more to send email to Canada, eh? Laughing Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> OFF-TOPIC All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: