FAQ Profile Memberlist Usergroups Register
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages -> Log in  
Nokia Creates Wibree to Replace Bluetooth

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> OFF-TOPIC Printable version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rocco Augusto
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 3:21 pm    Post subject: Nokia Creates Wibree to Replace Bluetooth Reply with quote

http://www.infoworld.com/article/06...wireless_1.html

"Nokia has developed a new, short-range wireless technology that it says could improve on some of the shortcomings of Bluetooth...The technology could compete with Bluetooth in the workplace as a way to link keyboards and other peripherals to computers. But it could also have more interesting applications for consumers, in devices such as wrist watches, toys, and sports equipment."

Just my luck! Right after I purchase the Jabra BT620s Bluetooth Stereo Headset, someone has to go and "improve" upon the technology. In all seriousness, this technology does look promising. One of my biggest annoyances with Bluetooth evolves around how much power it consumes. If Wibree can actually consume as little power as Nokia claims, I wouldn't be surprised if all phones were equipped with this in the next five to ten years.

Source: Pocket PC Thoughts
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mike Temporale
Managing Editor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't noticed a big drain on my battery with Bluetooth turned on.

Anyway, this Wibree solution will have to be significantly better for people to toss out their existing bluetooth devices and repurchase new Wibree ones. I can't see it happening anytime soon.
Jerry Raia
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. Not to mention how many have BT keyboards for their desktops (like me) and like using one interface for multiple devices. This is not a BT killer. My prediction and I'm sticking to it! Cool

[3125] [BlackJack] [8525]
jvanliew
Smartphone Pupil

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:29 am    Post subject: BT620 Reply with quote

I have the BT 620 stereo headphones and really like them.

How do you like yours?

One then I don't like about them so much, I have to re-pair, do the bluetooth pair, them each time I use them.
Rocco Augusto
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:48 pm    Post subject: Re: BT620 Reply with quote

jvanliew wrote:
I have the BT 620 stereo headphones and really like them.

How do you like yours?

One then I don't like about them so much, I have to re-pair, do the bluetooth pair, them each time I use them.

I wish I could tell you, the seller I bought them from accidentally sent me out a Logitech Stereo Bluetooth Headset instead. All in all, sounds fantastic but a little hollow Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> OFF-TOPIC All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: