FAQ Profile Memberlist Usergroups Register
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages -> Log in  
How is Microsoft’s Direct Push Better than the Blackberry

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> ARTICLE Printable version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jerry Raia
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:00 pm    Post subject: How is Microsoft’s Direct Push Better than the Blackberry Reply with quote

http://www.techatplay.com/2006/10/20/14/

"I thought long and hard not about the contents of this article, but about the title. While sure to generate some controversy, this is what I believe to be the case. My personal opinion is that the current implementation of Direct Push overall is better than RIM’s Blackberry device where it comes to push mail access on Microsoft Exchange. In fact, I consider Direct Push to be superior to any of the other offerings on the market when it comes to using Exchange as a backend mail server."

If you are interested in some of the differences between Direct Push and the Blackberry thing, whatever it is called, give this a read. It also talks about costs of implementation etc. I have gone from not caring about Direct Push, to loving it. Smile

[3125] [BlackJack] [8525]

Last edited by Jerry Raia on Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bushrod
Smartphone Ponderer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It may be better than Blackberry for some people. Unfortunately, we are Smart Card only here and I don't even know my password Very Happy Kinda hard to set up Exchange Active Sync without that.
Kris Kumar
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just love the fact that the email comes thru faster on my device and then slowly shows up on my desktop Outlook.
Jerry Raia
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah me too. I have voice announcement on all three phones that says "You have email", they all go off in succession, then a bit later it shows up on my desktop. Laughing

[3125] [BlackJack] [8525]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> ARTICLE All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: