FAQ Profile Memberlist Usergroups Register
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages -> Log in  
Handango & John Cody
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> Just Chattin' Printable version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike Temporale
Managing Editor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will Pinnell wrote:
Without divulging specifics to the community, our collective decision to not distribute Omnisoft's content was based on additional information not publicly shared.

Why? Why are you not sharing your reasons? Shouldn't a company like Handango have a clear set of rules and guidelines that would lead to closing a partners account? Especially when you owe that partner $5000?

Will Pinnell wrote:
We look forward to continuously improving our communications with our valued customers and content provider community.

No offense, but you've got a long way to go. You're communication to date has been nothing more than "we did it, and we won't tell you why". That tells me that you know your actions are wrong and you're hoping this will just go away. Sad really.
Jerry Raia
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like they are just using this cookie cutter response on all the boards. Guess what Handango? No one is buying it.

[3125] [BlackJack] [8525]
WorksForTurkeys
Smartphone Pupil

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will Pinnell wrote:
Hey all-

My name is Will Pinnell, and I am the Senior Director of Content at Handango. In light of the recent posts about Handango seen on Smartphone Thoughts, I wanted to provide an update. I visited Omnisoft's site myself last week and read the available thread between John and members of our team. I also spoke with him on the phone.

I'd like to assure you that Handango does not discontinue partnerships without cause, nor did we come to this decision lightly. In my nearly seven years at Handango, I've served as an advocate for small developers and appreciate the passion shown in your posts. As a standard business practice, we strive to ensure productive and successful relationships with all our thousands of content provider partners. Without divulging specifics to the community, our collective decision to not distribute Omnisoft's content was based on additional information not publicly shared.

I do admire John Cody's drive to make customers aware of his applications and wish him the best of luck in the future. Although we stand by our decision to not distribute his company’s content at this time, we have issued a payment to Omnisoft in the amount of the remaining marketing credit.

Thank you for your continued enthusiasm about the smartphone content space. We look forward to continuously improving our communications with our valued customers and content provider community.

Will Pinnell
Senior Director of Content
Handango

Will,

The damage you have done to John's business is far in in excess of the credits with which you are now apparently attempting to buy complacency. While I am certain that John appreciates the additional income, a bribe is still a bribe. You have done nothing but confirm that the expressed concern of Handango's business practices, is justified and worthy of further investigation.
Jerry Raia
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got a response from Handango. it is the exact same Will Pinnell drivel that has been posted over and over again. I wonder if there is such a person. Laughing

Rocco Augusto
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

remember, this is the same company that offers "download insurance". personally, i'll never buy anything form them or recommend them to anyone. handango has always seemed super shady to me. the good news is, our readers can always just use our new software affiliate store for all their application purchases Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
WorksForTurkeys
Smartphone Pupil

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerry Raia wrote:
I just got a response from Handango. it is the exact same Will Pinnell drivel that has been posted over and over again. I wonder if there is such a person. Laughing

I doubt he really exists: I just received the exact same response.
John Cody
Smartphone Intellectual

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"The Register" just picked up my story:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/1...kicks_omnisoft/
Jerry Raia
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad to see this is getting all the attention it is John. Most of the best software (like yours) started from independent developers like you. Maybe what we need are smaller "stores" that are not just sending their "bots" out to respond. This stuff really makes me mad. Evil or Very Mad

John Cody
Smartphone Intellectual

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerry Raia wrote:
I'm glad to see this is getting all the attention it is John. Most of the best software (like yours) started from independent developers like you. Maybe what we need are smaller "stores" that are not just sending their "bots" out to respond. This stuff really makes me mad. Evil or Very Mad

Thanks Jerry, I really appreciate your continued support with this Very Happy
Jerry Raia
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My pleasure! I have a real soft spot for the one man show. I used to develop and sell applications for HP handhelds back in the mid 80's. No Internet back then but my stuff was in a catalog from a place called EduCalc. Anyone remember them? Anyway that was a fun time, we were all small developers and a lot of good things came from that. What we maybe need are more small stores like the one associated with us here at Smartphone Thoughts. I don't know the answer but what happened to you is unacceptable behavior.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> Just Chattin' All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: