FAQ Profile Memberlist Usergroups Register
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages -> Log in  
Time Change: Stop the Insanity!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> OFF-TOPIC Printable version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jerry Raia
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:30 am    Post subject: Time Change: Stop the Insanity! Reply with quote

For those of you, myself included, who had to change time this morning at 0200 how did it turn out? I'm speaking of course of all of your toys and gadgets that are supposed to perform this feat by themselves. My Smartphones all did as they were supposed to. My PC and laptop as well. Everything else with a clock had to be manually changed in this insane ritual we are forced to go through twice a year. I have asked this question many times, why? I don't buy any of the reasons I usually get either.

[BlackJack] [8525]
Kris Kumar
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerry, Jerry, Jerry - you need to get a life. It is really bad when you are staying up late just to watch the clock hit the 0200 hour and the resetting them to 0100 hr. Sad Wink Laughing
Jerry Raia
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, it's the little things ok? ROTFL!

[BlackJack] [8525]
heov
Smartphone Pupil

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so everyone knows next year daylight savings time is all messed up. it's like 2wks earlier/later or something.

question: is my phone gonna know that? i assume my pc is covered through windows update or something.

what about my pocket pc?

what about my tv?

next day light savings is gonna be killer Sad

i can see it now... i manually update my stuff to an hour ahead... then 2wks later when it's programmed to do it, it does it again, and i'm late Sad
Jerry Raia
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm telling you all, this needs to be stopped! This could cause more havoc than Y2K. ROTFL!

[BlackJack] [8525]
Kris Kumar
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

heov wrote:
i can see it now... i manually update my stuff to an hour ahead... then 2wks later when it's programmed to do it, it does it again, and i'm late Sad

Oh boy, we need to send you and Jerry to some DST de-addiction camp or something. Wink Laughing Sorry couldn't resist.

Getting back to the topic, I wasn't aware of the unique scenario next year. I believe most of the devices are programmed by the last week of Oct and first week of whatever for the change.

I am sure the PCs would get some kind of Windows Update to fix the problem. But for the Windows Mobile devices, I guess we will have to battle it out ourselves unless we are using Crossbow devices.
Jerry Raia
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something must be done to stop this Pagan Voodoo ritualistic changing of the time!

...and no I'm not over reacting! #Onfire

[BlackJack] [8525]
Janak Parekh
Rogue Pocket PC Thoughts Editor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kris Kumar wrote:
Getting back to the topic, I wasn't aware of the unique scenario next year. I believe most of the devices are programmed by the last week of Oct and first week of whatever for the change.

Starting next year, in most of North America, Daylight Saving begins on the second Sunday of March (March 11) and ends on first Sunday of November (November 4).

Quote:
I am sure the PCs would get some kind of Windows Update to fix the problem. But for the Windows Mobile devices, I guess we will have to battle it out ourselves unless we are using Crossbow devices.

I don't see how that's appropriate. It'll cause all sorts of havoc with Exchange, email, calendars, what have you. At this point, we're still waiting to hear a response from Microsoft. Rolling Eyes

--janak

Last edited by Janak Parekh on Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Janak Parekh
Rogue Pocket PC Thoughts Editor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:55 am    Post subject: Re: Time Change: Stop the Insanity! Reply with quote

Jerry Raia wrote:
I have asked this question many times, why? I don't buy any of the reasons I usually get either.

Seriously, then, why do you keep on asking? There's lots of discussion on it, Google it if you want to.

If it was up to me, we'd be on DST year-round. I like actually being able to have light when I leave my office in the evening.

--janak
promano
Smartphone Pupil

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:58 am    Post subject: Re: Time Change: Stop the Insanity! Reply with quote

Janak Parekh wrote:
If it was up to me, we'd be on DST year-round. I like actually being able to have light when I leave my office in the evening.

--janak

I Agree with Janak.
We should just leave the clocks at DST.
There is no benefit to changing the clocks, really....
What does an hour REALLY do for you ?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> OFF-TOPIC All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: