FAQ Profile Memberlist Usergroups Register
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages -> Log in  
Vito's CopyPaste clipboard -- anyone get it to work with the TMo Dash?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> Software Printable version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Argelius
Smartphone Pupil

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:34 am    Post subject: Vito's CopyPaste clipboard -- anyone get it to work with the Reply with quote

I've installed Vito's CopyPasteClipBoard on my TMo Dash after using this unlocking program. (Read that for CopyPaste to work, the phone has to be unlocked).

The program seemed to install okay. However, when I hold the action (center of toggle) in, no copy/paste menu shows up.

Has anyone had any luck with this on a Dash? Seems like a must-have application if it works.

(I have installed scissors on my Dash and it works great, although unlike the Vito program, it doesn't work in PIE or Pocket Informant).

"If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for a reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed." -- Albert Einstein
Mike Temporale
Managing Editor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure what it is, but Vito's app seems to be hit and miss for people. Even when it's the same device, some can get it to work and others can't. I was not able to get it to work on my SP5m or my i320. Confused
Jerry Raia
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Temporale wrote:
Vito's app seems to be hit and miss for people.

Yeah their support is even more hit and miss, usually miss, as in no response at all.

[3125] [BlackJack] [8525]
zilla31
Smartphone Ponderer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:56 am    Post subject: Re: Vito's CopyPaste clipboard -- anyone get it to work with Reply with quote

Argelius wrote:
I have installed scissors on my Dash and it works great, although unlike the Vito program, it doesn't work in PIE or Pocket Informant).

Argelius - Does scissors work the same way? How do you perform the cut-and-paste w/ this app? thanks!
Mike Temporale
Managing Editor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scissors only works for email. Vito's app should work for any application - but some are having a hard time getting to work at all. Confused
zilla31
Smartphone Ponderer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think scissors says it will work w/ SMSs and Tasks too (would that logically include calendar items too then?). can anyone confirm? does it operate the same way as vitos?
Argelius
Smartphone Pupil

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:57 am    Post subject: Re: Vito's CopyPaste clipboard -- anyone get it to work with Reply with quote

zilla31 wrote:
Argelius - Does scissors work the same way? How do you perform the cut-and-paste w/ this app? thanks!

I've got Scissors installed.
It works with:
email
SMS
Contacts

It does not work with:
PocketInformant (for calendar entries)
Internet Explorer

The way it works is:
1. Put cursor were you want to start your selection.
2. Hit Menu (Right Soft Key)=>3.Edit => 1.Mark
3. Use Cursor pad to select the text
4. Hit Menu (Right Soft Key)=>3. Edit => 2.Cut (or 3.Copy or 4.Paste)

Seems like the Vito solution saves a few keystrokes and works in all applications (since it doesn't have to integrate into a menu); unfortunately, I cant get it to work on my Dash.

"If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for a reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed." -- Albert Einstein
dmt
Smartphone Pupil

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will have to try these out on my dash. thansk for the info.
lezouave
Smartphone Neophyte

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:51 am    Post subject: Re: Vito's CopyPaste clipboard -- anyone get it to work with Reply with quote

Here are a couple things that might help, you probably tried them, but do you know that you have to launch it in order to use it. It might not be launched by default.

I have VitoCopyPaste mapped to the lower button of the joggr and a double tap launches it and another quits it. (Agile Messenger uses the action key also, for recording instant voice messages so the can conflict)

Worth a try...

steve

Argelius wrote:
I've installed Vito's CopyPasteClipBoard on my TMo Dash after using this unlocking program. (Read that for CopyPaste to work, the phone has to be unlocked).

The program seemed to install okay. However, when I hold the action (center of toggle) in, no copy/paste menu shows up.

Has anyone had any luck with this on a Dash? Seems like a must-have application if it works.

(I have installed scissors on my Dash and it works great, although unlike the Vito program, it doesn't work in PIE or Pocket Informant).
Argelius
Smartphone Pupil

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:31 am    Post subject: Re: Vito's CopyPaste clipboard -- anyone get it to work with Reply with quote

lezouave wrote:
Here are a couple things that might help, you probably tried them, but do you know that you have to launch it in order to use it. It might not be launched by default.

I have VitoCopyPaste mapped to the lower button of the joggr and a double tap launches it and another quits it. (Agile Messenger uses the action key also, for recording instant voice messages so the can conflict)

Worth a try...

steve

Vito just made a new beta version of the program available and it's now working great on my Dash. (Too bad I already purchased the Scissors program...cuz the Vito application works with many fewer keystrokes...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: