FAQ Profile Memberlist Usergroups Register
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages -> Log in  
SBSH Releases Version 1.2 Upgrade to Facade

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> SOFTWARE Printable version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike Temporale
Managing Editor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:45 am    Post subject: SBSH Releases Version 1.2 Upgrade to Facade Reply with quote

http://www.sbsh.net/press/index.php?page=facade12

"SBSH Mobile Software announced today the update of SBSH Facade for Smartphone to version 1.2. SBSH Facade 1.2 for Smartphone features new integrated battery, memory and storage meters, new indicator icons for items with notes, all day events and more!, new professional custom design for each device resolution and orientation and much more!"

The gang over at SBSH have been hard at work! This is a pretty nice looking upgrade that's loaded with new features. A complete listing of features can be found over here thanks to onlydarksets. It's a pretty long list! Wink Version 1.2 is a free upgrade for any existing user. So if you don't have Facade, you can grab a copy from our affiliate store and then download the upgrade from the SBSH web site.
crispeto
Smartphone Intellectual

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, installed it yesterday. Works like a charm even with the new AgendaOne. I reallly like it.
Jerry Raia
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ditto Smile

[3125] [BlackJack] [8525]
Kris Kumar
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the battery and memory indicators. The battery indicator even has a different icon for charging. Shocked
amitregev
Smartphone Pupil

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just making sure you won't miss that your device is plugged to the charger Very Happy

The new meters can all be skinned of course, so I hope that rather soon we will see new meter skins starting to show on the Facade resources forum too Smile
Mike Temporale
Managing Editor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amitregev wrote:
Just making sure you won't miss that your device is plugged to the charger Very Happy

The new meters can all be skinned of course, so I hope that rather soon we will see new meter skins starting to show on the Facade resources forum too Smile

Awesome! How easy is it for people to add skins?
Kris Kumar
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing I would like to see is vertical tabs. Landscape screens have more horizontal real estate compared to vertical. So it would be cool if we could arrange the tab buttons vertically. Wink
Mark Kenepp
Smartphone Ponderer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I installed the update a few days ago and I am very pleased! I am experiencing the joy of using my phone again like I had when I first used a Smartphone, maybe even more joy!

Odd though, it really doesn't enhance anything that I do on my phone; browse the web, check messages and make calls; but somehow, it makes it all a joy Very Happy
scottb
Smartphone Ponderer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kris Kumar wrote:
One thing I would like to see is vertical tabs. Landscape screens have more horizontal real estate compared to vertical. So it would be cool if we could arrange the tab buttons vertically. Wink

This was discussed a bit on the SBSH forums. I think one of the main problems with this is that you wouldn't have a good way to get from the tabs to the content due to the lack of control over the cursor movement Smarpthone plug-ins. In other words, up/down buttons would take you to a different plug-in, not to a different place within a plug-in. So you would have to use left/right to go from tab to tab, but then you wouldn't be able to get to the tab's content.

The plug-in would have to take control of the screen to provide proper navigation--much like the navigation in PocketBreeze. Probably more than you wanted, but it is being considered.
Kris Kumar
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad that it was considered. Wish SBSH folks can figure out some cool way.

Quite frankly I can work with twisted (read non-intuitive) navigation if I can reclaim the real estate.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> SOFTWARE All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: