FAQ Profile Memberlist Usergroups Register
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages -> Log in  
Fishopolis, An Action Game That Can Sense Smartphone Movements

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> SOFTWARE Printable version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kris Kumar
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:25 pm    Post subject: Fishopolis, An Action Game That Can Sense Smartphone Movemen Reply with quote

http://software.smartphonethoughts....uct.asp?id=9248

"Fishopolis is Real-Action Shoot’em Up game. Your task is to shoot fish, but what the real fun part is that you are using your whole phone to aim. Simply - to aim to the right, move your phone to the right. Fishopolis is using the image from the phone’s camera to detect movement. Now this is real action! Go through the quest for Fishotreasure which consists of 11 levels with 8 different types of fish to shoot or try yourself in Time and Countdown challenges. This is the game that will make you feel that your smartphone is really Smart!"

If you are a gamer then you must have definitely read about the amazing motion-sensing controller that Nintendo Wii is going to introduce. Fishopolis from Rivia brings the same amazing experience to the Smartphone world. Fishopolis uses the Smartphone's camera to sense the movements; you move the phone in the direction that you want the pointer to move. Shocked I am not much of a gamer, but I felt compelled to try out this game because of its uniqueness. I would definitely recommend our readers to try out this amazing game. This game puts an otherwise useless camera to a good use. You can download the trial version or buy the game for $12.95 from here. [Affiliate]
Jerry Raia
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can just see it now, people playing this at the airport, swinging around in circles, trying to hit the targets. ROTFL!

[3125] [BlackJack] [8525]
Mike Temporale
Managing Editor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a pretty cool idea. Cool
Kris Kumar
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was showing it to people at work. I think it is a pretty innovative use of the camera on the Smartphone. Not to mention it gives you some exercise.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> SOFTWARE All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: