FAQ Profile Memberlist Usergroups Register
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages -> Log in  
Kerio Launches MailServer 6.3 With Push Email Via Activesync

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> SOFTWARE Printable version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike Temporale
Managing Editor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:00 am    Post subject: Kerio Launches MailServer 6.3 With Push Email Via Activesync Reply with quote

http://www.kerio.com/kerio-pr-us-2006-4342.html

"Kerio Technologies Inc., specializing in secure Internet software for small and mid-sized businesses, today released a new version of Kerio MailServer that offers Direct Push email for Windows Mobile® smartphones and PDAs. Users will be able to wirelessly synchronize their email messages, calendar data, contacts, and tasks in their Kerio MailServer account with a Microsoft Windows Mobile-based device. “Mobile email can be both complicated and expensive for the average small business owner to deploy,” says David Ferris, president and senior analyst at Ferris Research. “Most secure mobile email solutions require a groupware server, usually combined with another expensive middleware server.” I want small businesses to benefit from mobile email, mobile calendar, and mobile contacts just like large corporations do,“ says Martin Viktora."

This is great news for anyone that wants to do Direct Push email but can't afford an Exchange server. I imagine it won't be long before we start to see other 3rd party mail servers starting to implement Direct Push into their solutions. The real winner here is the consumer who will be able to keep their data live and in sync much easier and for less than ever before. Very Happy

Source: Pocket PC Thoughts
onlydarksets
Smartphone Ponderer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm...could we be headed toward hosted Kerio with Outlook access and DirectPush for $3.99/month?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> SOFTWARE All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: