FAQ Profile Memberlist Usergroups Register
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages -> Log in  
Samsung BlackJack Review Roundup
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> ARTICLE Printable version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HalM
Smartphone Ponderer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a S620 and love it!!! But that doesn't matter. The Blackjack will be mine as soon as it is available at my CIngular store.
Kris Kumar
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Off topic: Isn't it a crazy week to launch the BlackJack. This is the gadget week: Zune, Wii, PS3 and BlackJack.
lagsun
Smartphone Pupil

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kris Kumar wrote:
Off topic: Isn't it a crazy week to launch the BlackJack. This is the gadget week: Zune, Wii, PS3 and BlackJack.

Don't forget the 8525 on Cingular as well. This is going to make the decision harder as I now suddenly want the BlackJack.....
cortez
Smartphone Intellectual

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

according to phone scoop, this phone has a 1200 mAh battery. i recall the i320 had a 940 or 960mAh battery. hopefully this will improve battery life. on the other hand, the increased capacity may be offset with that power hungry 3G, hopefully, you'll have the option to use regular GSM (?) like the Tytn and my Treo.

i must admit, that thing looks very tempting!!!

Rocco Augusto
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im lucky enough to live in a 3G area, i can't wait for this device to launch so i can run to the store down the street like a school boy running to the candy store Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
rkdiddy
Smartphone Pupil

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cortez wrote:
according to phone scoop, this phone has a 1200 mAh battery. i recall the i320 had a 940 or 960mAh battery. hopefully this will improve battery life. on the other hand, the increased capacity may be offset with that power hungry 3G, hopefully, you'll have the option to use regular GSM (?) like the Tytn and my Treo.

i must admit, that thing looks very tempting!!!

That and the fact the processor speed has been stepped down from 400mhz to 220mhz. I'm sure both of those factors will help the battery life. The press release mentioned a 5.5 hour talk time...I would say that is a HUGE improvement. Seeing that the Dash's talk time is right around 5 hours as well. I believe the i320 was right around 3 hours.
mar2k
Smartphone Ponderer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has there been any official confirmation on the no contract price for the Blackjack on Cingular?
dcharti
Smartphone Neophyte

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:38 pm    Post subject: Blackjack comes with two batteries Reply with quote

I'm having the worst time deciding between a BJ and an 8525, so I picked up both since the store said I could return either and still get the upgrade discount on whichever I decide on. Nice guys.

For what it's worth, I was blown away to see that the BJ comes not only with a second battery, but a clever external charger that lets you always have a battery ready to roll. Pretty impressive.
JohnJohn
Smartphone Pupil

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thursday I bought an 8525 and returned it to get a BlackJack. The 8525 was the best PocketPC phone I have every used, and I have used a few .

The form factor of the BlackJack helped me make up my mind. I am really amazed how fast this thing moves from application to application.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SMthoughter
Smartphone Neophyte

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will this phone ever come to Canada?

I need a new phone, but Motorola Q doesn't do bluetooth wireless modem, can BJ be used as wireless modem over bluetooth?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> ARTICLE All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: