FAQ Profile Memberlist Usergroups Register
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages -> Log in  
Hey Bluetooth Tetherers - AKU 3 Is Not Your Friend!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> ARTICLE Printable version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jerry Raia
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 4:30 pm    Post subject: Hey Bluetooth Tetherers - AKU 3 Is Not Your Friend! Reply with quote

http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/for...ic.php?p=422973

"Recently I discovered a very annoying feature in Windows Mobile AKU 3, and I figured everyone here who has multiple devices or is used to using their devices in a certain unconverged way may be interested. In previous builds of Windows Mobile, the Microsoft Bluetooth Stack featured the Bluetooth Dialup Networking Profile. In AKU 3, this is gone, replaced with a new Internet Connection sharing program, and frustrations galore."

Just like the basic laws of Conservation of Energy, so it is here. If they give you a new AKU with any new features or improvements, they have to take something away to keep the balance. Have any of you DASH fans noticed this? Why am I asking you? Because you have AKU3 silly!

Source: Pocket PC Thoughts

[3125] [BlackJack] [8525]
Kris Kumar
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, Menneisyys deserves a Ph.D in WM AKU3 PAN!

I have been meaning to try out my Pocket PC with the Dash and the laptop with Dash over BT but havent gotten a chance.

I have tried USB based connection between my laptop and Dash, this is what I have to say about the experience - it rocks! Rock on dude! I couldn't believe I was connected in so few steps. In the past if you did not have the modem driver you were toast, not anymore.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> ARTICLE All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: