FAQ Profile Memberlist Usergroups Register
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages -> Log in  
Future Features for Exchange and Direct Push

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> ARTICLE Printable version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike Temporale
Managing Editor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:30 am    Post subject: Future Features for Exchange and Direct Push Reply with quote

http://www.techatplay.com/2006/11/1...of-direct-push/

"Thinking ahead, it becomes clear that we can extrapolate and work out most, if not all of the what Direct Push will evolve into or incorporate simply by taking a closer look into the features that can be found in upcoming or future versions of Microsoft Exchange. Now that Microsoft have finally announced that Exchange 2007 is being slated for release at the end of November 2006, it is a good time as any for us to perform a detailed appraisal of the Direct Push-related components in this new version of Microsoft Exchange."

There's nothing earth-shattering here in this article. It's all stuff that most people would expect to see as Exchange moves forward. Stuff like HTML support, Over The Air search, and Improved security features. I would love to see something different and new coming to my inbox. What about you - thinking outside of the box, what features would you like to see in future versions of Exchange & Outlook Mobile?
Jerry Raia
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well how about something simple? The ability to select multiple emails to delete etc. I know Poutlook has only been around a few years. It might be unreasonable to expect such a complex and esoteric function at this stage. Rolling Eyes

[3125] [BlackJack] [8525]
T-Will
Smartphone Intellectual

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerry Raia wrote:
Well how about something simple? The ability to select multiple emails to delete etc. I know Poutlook has only been around a few years. It might be unreasonable to expect such a complex and esoteric function at this stage. Rolling Eyes

Or even the ability to press a single key such as del or 1 to delete mail. I guess a feature like this is too logical.
Janak Parekh
Rogue Pocket PC Thoughts Editor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys are talking about client-side issues. This article focuses on the server-side, and I have to say, I can't disagree more with Mike. The idea of server-side searching could revolutionize mobile email access. Could you imagine having instantaneous access to gigabytes of email sitting on the server? That would be HUGE, and would really make a massive distinction between Microsoft and RIM.

--janak
Jerry Raia
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Future Features for Exchange and Direct Push Reply with quote

Mike Temporale wrote:
what features would you like to see in future versions of Exchange & Outlook Mobile?

Isn't Outlook Mobile Client-Side? Confused

[3125] [BlackJack] [8525]
Janak Parekh
Rogue Pocket PC Thoughts Editor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:00 am    Post subject: Re: Future Features for Exchange and Direct Push Reply with quote

Jerry Raia wrote:
Mike Temporale wrote:
what features would you like to see in future versions of Exchange & Outlook Mobile?

Isn't Outlook Mobile Client-Side? Confused

Yes, of course. However, I was primarily replying to Mike's comments about the article, which itself is focusing on server-side issues. From that perspective, I'm really excited about what may hit the pipeline, both from an Exchange Server and a Pocket PC standpoint.

--janak
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> ARTICLE All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: