FAQ Profile Memberlist Usergroups Register
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages -> Log in  
AudiblePlayer backlight issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> Software Printable version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnthebaton
Smartphone Neophyte

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 1:20 am    Post subject: AudiblePlayer backlight issue Reply with quote

Okay AudiblePlayer users, I need your help. I've used audible for almost 2 years now, and on my Audiovox SMT5600 it worked without a hitch. But for some reason, on Windows Mobile 5 phones, there is a glaring issue: the backlight stays on at full brightness whenever the audio title is being played. This is of couse totally unacceptable, as I listen for hours at a time when hiking, and this will drain my battery in no time.

Here's where the fun begins. When you key-lock the phone, thereby minimizing AudiblePlayer, it still leaves the backlight on full. And SmartTweaker has a feature that automatically shuts off the backlight after 10 seconds, but even this does not work; AudiblePlayer is able to override even this!

I have tried AudiblePlayer v5.0 on a Cingular 2125, a Cingular 3125, and a T-Mobile Dash, and all three have the same problem.

So I contacted audible to address the problem, and they said there should be a button in the preferences menu to disable the backlight always on feature. However, an exhaustive search of the menu heiarchy on all three phones reveals no such button. I emailed this info back to audible, and the response was that all software versions (Pocket PC, Palm, Smartphone) have the same menu heiarchy and that it should be there. They suggested I uninstall and reinstall the software. However, I have tried this on three different smartphones!

So Here's where I need your input. Does anyone on these forums use AudiblePlayer v5.0 (the latest release) on a Windows Mobile 5 Smartphone? If so, does your screen stay on during playback? Do you have a 'disable backlight on' button? Am I going crazy or does the person I'm emailing at audible not have a clue?

Thanks in advance!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: