FAQ Profile Memberlist Usergroups Register
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages -> Log in  
DeveloperOne Releases Agenda One
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> SOFTWARE Printable version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jerry Raia
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:00 am    Post subject: DeveloperOne Releases Agenda One Reply with quote

http://www.developerone.com/agendaone/index.htm

"Developer One launches the most innovative time, contact and task management solution ever created for Windows Mobile 5 Smartphones. Agenda One is more than just a great time management solution. Everything about Agenda One has been designed to make it incredibly easy to use. Outstanding features, professional features and ease of use for everyone make Agenda One the only choice for mobile time management."

Well it took them long enough to join the party! It might well have been worth the wait. I have been using it for a few days now and I must say they did one heck of a nice job. There is a trial version and you can pick it up for a special intro price of $24.95 USD. [Affiliate]

[3125] [BlackJack] [8525]
zilla31
Smartphone Ponderer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

damn at first blush this app is pretty darn sweet. i'm a die-hard Papyrus fan/user but this may just give it a run for its money (though the SBSH team will always get my bias so i'm def not ready to jump ship anytime soon)... i especially love the "new" task/appt dialogue... real, real easy to enter w/ one hand (this is one area i think it has Papyrus trumped pretty handily).
crispeto
Smartphone Intellectual

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm excited to try this when I get home. I like papyrus but the month view doesn't look so great on my Dash. Has anyone tried it on a Dash or Q? How does it look?
zilla31
Smartphone Ponderer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm actually using this on a t-mo dash. the more i play w/ it the more i like it. the entire app just has a VERY well made feel to it. the search feature really kicks a$$ too. everything seems SUPER easy to do w/ one hand so far (which i really like). hell you can even update the app FROM YOUR PHONE (we've had this "feature" in apps on our PC for so long now i'm spoiled by it and happy to see it finally making its way to WM).

PS - the "month" view looks great on the dash and has a really cool "preview" section to the right of the calendar. if you highlight a day you see the appts/tasks over there... i have to admit this is the first time i've ever seen a month view that i thought was actually useful (ever). you'll like this view me thinks.
SuperFreak
Smartphone Neophyte

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys & gals,

I had installed for a couple of hours on my T-Mo Dash, and I must say it's definitely going to get SBSH back to the drawing board. I actually had Papyrus loaded on my phone, and was ready to shell out some $$ when I stumble upon this software. The interface is great, graphics is awesome, love it.

Oh, one problem/issue I'm having is searching contacts. Somehow, no matter what text input I choose on the option tab, I still get a funky result when hitting the button with numbers on it.

fox example:

I hit "A" which is also the "#", then the "A" won't show, but takes me somewhere else. I believe "#" goes to the end of the list or front. I hit ALT, but still no go. Sad

Actually, all the keys with numbers on it seems to act differently in contact view seach. Someone else having this problem? This is pretty much my only complain I'm having right now.

Thanks!
JMD
Smartphone Neophyte

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:20 pm    Post subject: Agenda One On Dash Reply with quote

I am having teh same problems with searching for contacts. Once I start typing it takes forever to show results. When the results do appear, they are wrong.
chaznet
Smartphone Pupil

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:21 pm    Post subject: So Sloooooow... Reply with quote

This program runs extremely slow on my T-Mobile Dash. After watching the twirly windows 'wait' thing for 30 seconds, I gave up on looking at a monthly calendar view.

The contact section isn't a replacement for the built in contact app, it's a layer on top of it. The contact pictures on the left do not correspond to the contact listing on the right which makes the list and pictures look mismatched -- eventually it becomes apparent that you scroll each list separately -- an odd design choice. It's an unnecessary use of system resources, and this app uses a lot of them. If you're going to do contacts, do them completely and give me a contact screen that shows primary info all in one screen instead of scrolling down -- i.e.: more of a business card display with additional details still scrollable.

The program is very slow and way behind Papyrus in functionality, speed and utilization of system resources.
crispeto
Smartphone Intellectual

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are others noticing that it is slow?
onlydarksets
Smartphone Ponderer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow - this is impressive. It's a LOT faster than Papyrus. I'm hoping they have an upgrade path for existing PowerTasks/Calendar users, since they stopped updating those apps a while ago.
SuperFreak
Smartphone Neophyte

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 3:12 pm    Post subject: Re: So Sloooooow... Reply with quote

chaznet wrote:
This program runs extremely slow on my T-Mobile Dash. After watching the twirly windows 'wait' thing for 30 seconds, I gave up on looking at a monthly calendar view.

The contact section isn't a replacement for the built in contact app, it's a layer on top of it. The contact pictures on the left do not correspond to the contact listing on the right which makes the list and pictures look mismatched -- eventually it becomes apparent that you scroll each list separately -- an odd design choice. It's an unnecessary use of system resources, and this app uses a lot of them. If you're going to do contacts, do them completely and give me a contact screen that shows primary info all in one screen instead of scrolling down -- i.e.: more of a business card display with additional details still scrollable.

The program is very slow and way behind Papyrus in functionality, speed and utilization of system resources.

I didn't experience any slow down on my side. In fact, I thought it is quite fast for a program with such rich features.

Can someone find a solution for the contact search thingy. It's driving me nuts.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> SOFTWARE All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: