FAQ Profile Memberlist Usergroups Register
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages -> Log in  
Video First Look of Cingular Blackjack
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> NEWS Printable version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rocco Augusto
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:58 pm    Post subject: Video First Look of Cingular Blackjack Reply with quote

http://www.mobilitysite.com/2006/11...eo_1st_look.php

"With the announcement of the Cingular Blackjack (Samsung SGH-i607) Monday via webcast, Cingular completed it's 1st Windows Mobile sweep of HSDPA devices. One Smartphone and One Pocket PC phone. I am happy now. I had the chance to do some 3G speeding in Birmingham Alabama when I was visiting my parents, but no 3G here yet..."

A very cool and very long video showing off the Samsung Blackjack. While the video is pretty neat, I don't think it shows off just how truly cool this device is. I traded in my Cingular 3125 earlier today and picked one of these up for myself! After using HTC products for the last few years, it feels really good to use a device made by a different manufacturer! Cool
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
crispeto
Smartphone Intellectual

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Video First Look of Cingular Blackjack Reply with quote

Rocco Augusto wrote:
[iAfter using HTC products for the last few years, it feels really good to use a device made by a different manufacturer! Cool

How does this one differ from a HTC device? How does it compare to the Dash? I'm anxious to go in and check this one out!
crispeto
Smartphone Intellectual

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking around the web, CNET thinks the BJ is OK, PCmag likes it and Infosyncworld gave it a 79% just like the Dash. The reviews are really starting to come in.
Rocco Augusto
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Video First Look of Cingular Blackjack Reply with quote

crispeto wrote:
How does this one differ from a HTC device? How does it compare to the Dash? I'm anxious to go in and check this one out!

i haven't had much face time with the dash, but i can tell you that this is the first time in a good couple months that i have been happy with my phone.

while i ragged on the cingular 3125, it was still a good phone. i wasn't looking for a phone though, i was just looking for more. the keyboard was a huge sell for me with the blackjack. ever since the whole 2125-sticky-key-upgrade mishap, i have just grown annoyed with T9. i needed something quicker and more responsive.

unlike all htc devices i have owned, this phone is feature PACKED. from the moment you start it up the phone screems "entertainment". there are some cool original homescreens provided by samsung as well as a cool windows media player skin. the camcorder records in 320x240 and the camera itself provides images that appear crisp and colorful... for a camera phone.

i still haven't been able to get cingular video to work, the system keeps telling em to get a data plan even though i have one. Sad

there is the same im program that you have on the sda (upgraded i believe) for using aim/yahoo!/msn messenger, which i promptly tested out by bragging to mike about my new phone Wink

samsung gives you the ability to set a million different alarms as well as packing a notepad application and a program called "d-day".... which im too afraid to open up. Wink

all in all, this phone is just incredible. samsung did a great job of taking all the bland boring elements of windows mobile and sprucing them up into something that makes me excited again and makes me want to play with it constantly.

i haven't really had that much of a chance to test out the speed difference of 3G. i had to do a complete reinstall the HTPC so i haven't had a chance to setup orb yet for some streaming TV but once i do, ill report back! Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
crispeto
Smartphone Intellectual

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, sounds like a great phone. You sound as excited as I was two weeks ago when I upgraded my sda to my Dash. It does so much more than I thought it would. Since my area doesn't have 3g, and since I have wifi at work and home, the Dash is the one for me. I like it waaaaay more than I thought I would. Glad you like the BJ so much.
ricoks
Smartphone Pupil

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't imagine the wet mess i'd be standing in if the BlackJack had Wifi as well. I know it has 3G - but wifi allows for an easy upgrade for streaming video from the home network, and why not use that instead of 'hoggin' Cingular's network. Heck, they should look at Wifi as a 'help' to their network overhead............. Laughing
This will be my next phone as well, unless the Q Pro comes out for HSDPA and has Wifi - that may very well sway me, altho i'm not much of a motorola fan. The looks of the BlackJack are SOO much nicer - no extra space around the edges that make it look big. In fact, it makes it seem smaller. The pics I saw of the Q Pro, however, seemed to resemble the Samsung more than the Samsung resembled the Q - anyone have comments???
Jerry Raia
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rocco have you seen the little application strip you can call up on the right side of the screen?

[3125] [BlackJack] [8525]
stevew
Smartphone Ponderer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered one from Cingular online Thursday morning. I'm really looking forward to a device that I can feel the love again. Very Happy
stevew
Smartphone Ponderer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

grrrrr Got email today saying it is backordered. How can that be? I ordered it the morning it was posted on there website, 6am. Rolling Eyes
Jerry Raia
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you can grab one in a store.

[3125] [BlackJack] [8525]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> NEWS All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: