FAQ Profile Memberlist Usergroups Register
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages -> Log in  
Wireless Charge System for Gadgets

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> NEWS Printable version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike Temporale
Managing Editor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 12:30 pm    Post subject: Wireless Charge System for Gadgets Reply with quote

http://www.csmonitor.com/2006/1116/...14s01-stct.html

"At a physics conference in San Francisco Wednesday, a group of researchers proposed a method that would allow cellphones, laptops, industrial robots, and other gadgets to be recharged simply by being within a few meters of an energy source. A system of "midrange" energy nodes, akin to the wireless "hot spots" that give computers wireless access to the Internet, wouldn't replace power lines. But they could someday result in entire buildings or other large areas in which wireless devices are automatically charged when they come into range. Other applications include sending power to electric buses along a highway, or charging microscopic nanorobots as they work, perhaps inside the human body."

If you thought your phone was bad on battery life, image how good it would be if every light bulb or wall outlet could transmit power to your device! This sounds like the most promising battery technology I've heard about in a long time. Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> NEWS All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: