FAQ Profile Memberlist Usergroups Register
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages -> Log in  
Photo Contacts 2.0 Fixes Caller ID Issue?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> SOFTWARE Printable version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 10:55 am    Post subject: Photo Contacts 2.0 Fixes Caller ID Issue? Reply with quote

We received an interesting message from Smartphone Thoughts reader Berylium today - I don't have an i600 or an MPx200 yet (boo-hoo!), so I wasn't ware of this issue, but it seems like a frustrating one. But there's light at the end of the tunnel - check this out:

"I've been scouring various Smartphone discussion boards and the Microsoft Smartphone newsgroup for any resolution to the Caller ID problems the i600 and MPx200 experience. It seems Microsoft, Samsung, Motorola, Verizon, and AT&T all know about the issue now but mums the word on any possible fix. I contacted the developers of Photo Contacts to see if their software could fix the problem. At the time, they hadn't heard of any problems but they said they would look into it.

Last night, a representative from PocketX sent me an advance release copy of Photo Contacts 2.0 and after installing it I now have functional Caller ID again! Granted, it only works on the internal display (for the time being) but I can't tell you how wonderful it is to know who's calling me again! Photo Contacts 2.0 should be out this week (according to the email I received), anyone with an American Smartphone and more than 100 contacts should really check it out, it's a life saver for me."
Bojan Rip
Smartphone Neophyte

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Hi everyone, here is some info about our new Photo Contacts 2.0. -Bojan

Photo Contacts 2.0 is faster, better and more fully featured than its predecessor and the competition.

What's new in version 2.0:

Featuring 2 new Photo Caller ID modes (SIMPLE mode displays a smaller photo, THEMED mode displays a medium sized photo)
Awesome new photo adjust engine lets you crop and adjust contact photographs on the Smartphone
Photo image browser lets you easily assign photos to contacts on the phone (great for camera phones). SmartName is still the
preferred option for assigning many contact photos at once.
SMS/MMS/Email support facilitates easy message sending through Photo Contacts
Contact photos can now be sent via MMS, Email and Infrared (via PhotoBeam)
Caller ID Name Override feature fixes the Caller ID bug in US based Smartphones (i600, MPX-200)
Option to enable continuous ring-tones
Ability to sort contacts by Company Name
Photo ZOOM feature (just press * to display a large photograph of the selected contact)
Incoming Call forwarding info is shown in Themed Photo Caller ID (support varies by network)
Enhanced call dialog remembers the last selected number for each contact for Talk-Talk functionality
Automatic auto-run at startup loads Photo Contacts in the background
Enhanced support for memory cards
Performance improvements across the board (everything is faster!)
Photo Contacts 2.0 has been certified and is compatible with all Windows Mobile Smartphone 2002 and 2003 devices.
*Please note that at this time the DEMO/TRIAL version does not implement these new features.

Here are some screenshots of Photo Contacts 2.0:

Photo Contacts is available at Smartphone.Net:
http://www.smartphone.net/smartphon...tail.asp?id=128

Bojan Smile
maxnix
Smartphone Ponderer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 12:14 pm    Post subject: Finally, someone smart enough to program for a Smartphone Reply with quote

Fixes Caller ID problem for me with 450+ Contacts.

Now, if it would just display the name or number on the outer LCD so I didn't have to open the phone to see who is calling.

Great job, Bojan!
kolin
Smartphone Neophyte

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there! I've just bought MPx200 and find out CALLER ID program to install (on sd card from package). What exactly is the bug, which can be fixed by photo contacts? Question is install or not install this program until i can buy photo contacts. Please answer or email me here -
aristoBrat
Smartphone Thinker

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kolin wrote:
Hi there! I've just bought MPx200 and find out CALLER ID program to install (on sd card from package). What exactly is the bug, which can be fixed by photo contacts? Question is install or not install this program until i can buy photo contacts. Please answer or email me here -

The bug is that with a large number of contacts w/ phone numbers, when you get an incoming call, the phone is unable to show you who is calling.
kolin
Smartphone Neophyte

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for answer! I think I'II wait for photo contacts instead of installing caller id.... strange thing that Motorola include this software with MPx200...... BTW, how large your number of contacts must be to run this bug???
aristoBrat
Smartphone Thinker

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I've read, it's not so much the number of contacts as it is the number of phone numbers (i.e. 50 contacts with 4 numbers each = 200 numbers).

I don't remember the magic number. Seemed like some folks had the problem with ~75 numbers, and others didn't have it until ~200.
michaelf
Smartphone Neophyte

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm using the Samsung i600 and running approximately 1800 contacts, each with a minimum of one contact number and most with three or four. I do receive caller-ID data on the outer screen and an associated name on the inner screen. My question is this: can I get the name on the outer screen, like my older Motorola used to do?

Thanks,

Michael
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
amyangel
Smartphone Neophyte

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 2:52 am    Post subject: kindly people Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes How kind people!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> SOFTWARE All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: