FAQ Profile Memberlist Usergroups Register
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages -> Log in  
BlackJack ROM Update Released from Samsung
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> NEWS Printable version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike Temporale
Managing Editor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:00 am    Post subject: BlackJack ROM Update Released from Samsung Reply with quote

http://erms.samsungusa.com/customer...751&AT_ID=83176

"Samsung has recently released a software update for the BlackJack, which is recommended to be installed. This update should enhance roaming capabilities, especially Internationally. In addition, there are cosmetic user interface changes (several icons have been changed) contained within the update. The update will take about 10 minutes to complete if the system is already set up."

Don't get too excited - It's not Windows Mobile 6. But it does address some roaming issues along with some new icons for apps. The download is 51MB and you'll need to turn off pop-up blockers or else you won't see the EULA window that takes you to the download. I have downloaded my copy and will be flashing my device this afternoon. Please post back here and let us know how it goes for you.

Caution: Doing this update will remove all your personal data and settings from the device. It will reset the device to factory settings. If you have SIM unlocked the device, it will remain SIM unlocked.

Source: mbranscum & joefuture
onlydarksets
Smartphone Thinker

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That has to be the record for most complicated update ever. The instructions are several pages long! Good luck!
rdecker
Smartphone Ponderer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update went very smoothly; no issues.

The only changes are the Cingular Splash Screen is changed to at&t, the dialer screen has an at&t logo on it and some of the application icons have been changed to at&t.

I can't speak to the roaming issue since I have not had any problems in that area; every time I traveled to Europe it worked like a champ.....

I sure hope this 'minor' update does not mean we won't be getting a more major bug-fix related patch. I would think that if they were planning on a more significant update they would have incorporated these minor updates with that..... Confused
amg212
Smartphone Pupil

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still no Bluetooth fixes??
Jerry Raia
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course Vista and the fantastic WMDC won't let me connect my BlackJack, I'll have to pass on this one.
LarryKeith
Smartphone Pupil

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have completed the update and like rdecker said, the icons are now at&t. Cingular Video has become Cellular Video (They just changed the name to match the icon of CV).

It also looks like they did not include the DST patch. I would have thought this would be included. Once the update was complete, the time was an hour behind.
amg212
Smartphone Pupil

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LarryKeith wrote:
It also looks like they did not include the DST patch. I would have thought this would be included. Once the update was complete, the time was an hour behind.

That is absurd! It is bad enough that devices have been sold after the new DST law was signed that didn't have the patch - but do distribute ROM upgrades that don't address the issue after we're already in the affected date range? Unreal!!!
davidwsica
Smartphone Pupil

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerry Raia wrote:
Of course Vista and the fantastic WMDC won't let me connect my BlackJack, I'll have to pass on this one.

Do you mean you can't even sync your Blackjack to Vista via WMDC or that you can't apply the update? I'm able to sync my Blackjack to Vista via WMDC but haven't tried to apply the update yet.

Thanks,
David
SPPassion
Smartphone Ponderer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking for some help here. I did install the modem file as per instructions and it installed fine, Downloaded the upgrade rom file, connected the device in flashing mode but..my active sync does not recognize the device, therefore can't complete the flashing process.
Any suggestions? Just want to make sure that under Settings>connections>USB, USB should be set to Active Sync and NOT to modem setting? I'll appreciate any help/suggestions?
Thanks
Jerry Raia
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

davidwsica wrote:
Jerry Raia wrote:

Do you mean you can't even sync your Blackjack to Vista via WMDC or that you can't apply the update? I'm able to sync my Blackjack to Vista via WMDC but haven't tried to apply the update yet.

Thanks,
David

I can't do either!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> NEWS All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: