FAQ Profile Memberlist Usergroups Register
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages -> Log in  
More poor service
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> Verizon Wireless Printable version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jerry Raia
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 10:25 am    Post subject: More poor service Reply with quote

i am still waiting to be able to run Sprite's backup software for my i600 which cant as yet run on my i600 because of this signed software nonsense. I got this from sprite about a week ago:

We are awaiting a final email from Verizon. The email was due on Saturday and we are having difficulty getting in touch with our contact in Verizon. I can only guess he will be sending the email very soon. It does leave us in an awkward position as we obviously need to get the go-ahead to allow us release the software.
We hope to have the release up within the next few days. I apologise for this delay but it really is out of our hands. If there is anything I can do for the moment please advise.

Regards,
Kevin O'Toole
Sprite Software

Another week has passed and Verizon cant seem to respond to a simple email. This is way below average service. Evil or Very Mad

[3125] [BlackJack] [8525]
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, this whole application locking nonsense makes things painful for customers, but also the developers as we can see. Evil or Very Mad
Jerry Raia
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they want to lock it, then they should be responsive when a developer and ultimately the customer needs things done.

Now that Cingular and ATT are one perhaps the coverage issue is one that Verizon will no longer have an edge with. Maybe a choice will light a fire under thier butts. Smile

Jerry Raia
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I case anyone cares about this I have another update from SpriteSoftware:

We have been banging on Verizons door awaiting the certification. Our developer is particularly annoyed as they "guaranteed" the reply nearly a fortnight ago. We are still actively chasing them so I cannot now give you a definite answer.
Thanks for you patience!!
I have a text file on my desktop with your name and email address and will get in touch as soon as I hear more. I apologise again but we were led to believe Verizon would be true to their word.
Regards,
Kevin

I myself emailed Verizon on this issue yesterday and eagerly await the incoherent reply that is sure to come from them. With the arrival of the new mpx220 i may just finally have to leave Verizon for good. How are they gonna support enterprise customers with service like this?

Jerry Raia
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As promised:

Thank you for contacting the Verizon Wireless website. As part of our Worry Free Guarantee, your concern becomes our concern the first time you contact us. We are happy to assist you with your Samsung I600 question.

I apologize for any delay with the approval for the SpriteSoftware backup program. Verizon Wireless utilizes the Microsoft M2M security policies to protect the stability of the Smartphone. Verizon Wireless tests all programs and products to verify their compatibility and reliability. I apologize for any inconveniences. We currently do not have any additional information about the timeframe of the software's approval.

Please write to us again through www.VerizonWireless.com if you have any further questions.

Sincerely,

Timothy
Verizon Wireless
Data Technical Support

"We never stop working for you!"

I think that about says it all Mad

Kris Kumar
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lasher wrote:

I think Verizon should for a change, stop "working for us" Smile

I think their so called obsession for perfection or quality, may in the long run upset customers. Especially the Smartphone users. Smartphone users are different from the regular Verizon phone users, and I am guessing would want to ride the technology wave and not sit at the dock, playing the waiting game.
Jerry Raia
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kris Kumar wrote:
Lasher wrote:

I think Verizon should for a change, stop "working for us" Smile

I think their so called obsession for perfection or quality, may in the long run upset customers. Especially the Smartphone users. Smartphone users are different from the regular Verizon phone users, and I am guessing would want to ride the technology wave and not sit at the dock, playing the waiting game.

Well said Smile

aristoBrat
Smartphone Thinker

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lasher -- even with the update from Samsung that "unlocks the HKCR registry key and allows applications that previously failed to install on the Samsung SCH-i600 Smartphone to successfully install now", you can't install Sprite Backup until it's application signed?
Jerry Raia
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats correct. the install just fails.

aristoBrat
Smartphone Thinker

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info!

VZW is doing their second attempt at an i600/i700 sales pitch for our company, and I want to be prepared, which isn't easy since I don't have my i600 (or VZW service) anymore. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> Verizon Wireless All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: