FAQ Profile Memberlist Usergroups Register
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages -> Log in  
More poor service
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> Verizon Wireless Printable version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jerry Raia
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You ought to ask them about issues like this and how they spin wheels instead of getting things done. See what kind of sales babble you get back.

[3125] [BlackJack] [8525]
aristoBrat
Smartphone Thinker

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lasher wrote:
You ought to ask them about issues like this and how they spin wheels instead of getting things done. See what kind of sales babble you get back.

Honestly, after our last meeting with them, I'm very surprised that they're coming back to our company at all.

Unlike the others in this meeting (my director, CIO/VP, and a few other analysts), I had personal i600 experience. When I asked the VZW rep why the i600 was ~$300 more than the similiar MPx200, I got the "we put way more testing into the i600 than AT&T did the MPx200, so it's a much better phone."

I specifically started asking him about the caller ID, locked registry, random registry resets, and low battery beep (while in silent mode) issues and got the "oh, you obviously had a bad unit" spin. When I explained that I had returned my i600 twice, he tried to spin it as "we've never heard of those issues; it must just be you".

I had my wireless laptop with me, so I did a Google Newsgroup search on i600 and started going thru all of the different i600 threads. His next spin was that Verzion tests the phone part, which he insisted worked perfectly, and that the the problems I had were OS issues that VZW wasn't responsible for, and that I should call Microsoft.

I explained how you CAN'T call Microsoft for support on a Smartphone, and how if you call VZW or Samsung, neither had answers, and referred you to the other. The point I made was that there was no support for $550 phone that was allegedly "extremely well tested" before being put on the market.

He began to get so verbally combative that our CIO ended the meeting and told him to do a little research and get back to us.

Six months later, here they are. Smile

It wasn't my intention to be a dick to the guy, but he obviously didn't know the product that he was pitching, and instead of taking a "man, I've never heard of those problems before, but I'll definately go back and do some research and get you some help" approach, he just blindly started repeating the company line, trying to dismiss the experience I (and countless others) have had.
Jerry Raia
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even sadder is the technical guys at verizon dont know the product either. I've never liked Samsung products to begin with and was very dissapointed that Motorola didnt come out with a model for verizon.

But maybe that is for the best. With the new Mpx 220 comming im gonna just dump verizon finally. I'll take the coverage hit. T mobil is looking pretty good to me these days and my coworkers who travel as much as I do say the coverage is excellent.

When the sales guys come back to you show them this thread too. In this case all the work is finished, all the good folks at SpriteSoftware are waiting for is an email, thats it! They cant even get a response!! I just might not be the ONLY one who is ready to jump ship. Smile

Six months later you have even more data to support your original concerns. Instead of improvement Verizon went from a C- to a D.

Kris Kumar
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lasher wrote:
I'll take the coverage hit. T mobile is looking pretty good to me these days and my coworkers who travel as much as I do say the coverage is excellent.

One thing that I believe T-Mobile hasn't announced, is that now they have roaming arrangements with AT&T. So you will now have at least voice connectivity where T-Mobile does not have coverage. Waiting for the day when they will add data roaming, for now voice will do.

I was planning on switching to VZ, but was waiting for 2003. Not anymore. Company's only claim to fame is coverage (and also the internet speed, but the price overshadows the speed).
Kris Kumar
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I cannot understand is why the VZ management cannot comprehend the simple formula:

VZ network coverage + Internet speed + i600 with 2003 = Best product for corporate users + Big profits for VZ

Well even if they don't provide 2003 update, but a stable i600 is very important for corporate sales win.

I feel, VZ should not only enable Sprite software, but should also provide all the i600 customers with a free copy!
Jerry Raia
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is turning into a crusade for me. Today I sent Verizon another email:

"I would like to know how long it will be before you approve SpriteSoftwares Backup program. According to them its already been approved by you and they are waiting for an email from you? Is this true? That for 3 weeks all thats keeping me from backing up my $550 i600 phone is an email you folks cant seem to send? Your "We never stop working for you" seems to be stuck. Next I'll be writing to the President of Verizon on this matter, maybe his office will shake the tree a little.

I pay enough every month for this service and would appreciate a straight answer.

Regards "

Maybe if i keep on them something will happen.

Jerry Raia
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the reply....LOL

"We received the email that you sent in to us and would like to thank you for contacting Verizon Wireless through our website.

We appreciate your interest in the latest technology in wireless phones, and we are happy to assist you.

Verizon Wireless is constantly improving the services, features, and wireless phones we offer to our customers for their communication needs.

At present, there are several wireless phones being tested for functionality and reliability with our network. Verizon Wireless will not offer a product or service unless it meets the high standards our customers have come to expect. Currently, we are unable to provide information regarding which equipment is being considered or approximate release dates, as this may raise expectations that may not be met.

If you would like to receive e-mail updates regarding new products and services, please click on "E-mail Updates" from the "Support" tab located at the top of our www.verizonwireless.com home page.

To view the current wireless phones that are available on the Verizon Wireless network, please click on the following link:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/ics/...ction=EQUIPMENT

Please remember, as part of our Worry Free Guarantee if you ever have a problem, it becomes our problem the first time you contact us. Feel free to contact us again through www.VerizonWireless.com if you have any further questions.

Sincerely,

Pretrece
Verizon Wireless
Customer Service

"We never stop working for you!"

This amazing isnt it? This was my reply:

"That's a response????
Did a human being read my email? Nothing I said was addressed. I'm not
talking about equipment!

C-"

Well I think maybe its just time to move on from them really. If a person that dumb is answering the emails there is no hope of getting any kind of answer.

Kris Kumar
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was laughing and rolling on the ground when I read the following...(sorry if I sound rude)

Quote:
Please remember, as part of our Worry Free Guarantee if you ever have a problem, it becomes our problem the first time you contact us.

And we thought AT&T was bad...
Jerry Raia
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh not at all. I think its hysterical that a company so huge has such a moronic system for response to questions. Or morons answering them. I'm really going to have to go handwritten letters if I expect anything else from them.

Bottom line is they dont measure up equipment wise anyway and the pathetic responses warrants moving on to another carrier.

Dont know what else to do.

Jerry Raia
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the last post on this, I sent a couple more emails to them. In one of them it was suggested i go to a handango site for alternative backup software. When I emailed back saying there is no alternative backup software for the i600 this is what i got back:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for contacting the Verizon Wireless website. We are sorry to learn that you are having difficulty with the Sprite Software and the Samsung i600 PDA?Smartphone. We are happy to assist you with your feedback.

Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback. Verizon Wireless takes great pride in the products and services that we offer our customers. We strive to offer our customers the best value in both cost and functionality. Customer feedback, such as yours, enables Verizon Wireless to continually improve the products available to our customers to better meet their needs. We will ensure that your feedback is sent to the correct department to allow us to make future improvements and enhancements to the products and services that we offer.

If you have further questions or concerns, please contact us anytime through e-mail using the address of . We appreciate your business and thank you for choosing Verizon Wireless.

Sincerely,

Ricky
Verizon Wireless
Wireless Data Technical Support

"We never stop working for you!"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
The End

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> Verizon Wireless All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: