FAQ Profile Memberlist Usergroups Register
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages -> Log in  
Get Mobile E-mail on Your PalmOne MPx220

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> NEWS Printable version
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Did You Buy A Cingular PalmOne MPx220?
Yes - I have a PalmOne Device
23%
 23%  [ 32 ]
No - Mine does not say PalmOne
4%
 4%  [ 6 ]
I don't care what kind of MPx220 it is, I want it.
12%
 12%  [ 17 ]
I have not bought this phone, but I still want to vote.
60%
 60%  [ 83 ]
Total Votes : 138

Mike Temporale
Managing Editor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 11:00 pm    Post subject: Get Mobile E-mail on Your PalmOne MPx220 Reply with quote

Smartphone Thoughts reader ojlittle posting this in our forums . I've moved it to the front page so everyone can enjoy it.

"Inside the MPx220 box there is a flyer for Cingular Xpress Mail. It's a one-sided card the size of a CD insert. Anyway, the first sentence in the first paragraph says: Get Mobile E-mail on Your PalmOne MPx220."

The red underline and cropping was done by me. Click image to view the original full page picture

Who proof reads these things? I guess it's too much to ask someone with a technical background to proof read. We all know that geeks are poor spellers, right? Laughing Wink So instead, let's have an English major proof read it. Rolling Eyes

Alright, I have to ask this; How many of you bought a PalmOne MPx220? Check the Cingular Xpress document that came with your phone, and let us know.

Source: ojlittle
HailFire
Smartphone Pupil

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not only that, would you believe that the mpx220 I bought from Best Buy had no Cingular logo loaded on it? It displayed the same generic "Mobile Operator" logo during startup as the development emulator. Looks like someone overlooked some branding issues.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Kris Kumar
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HailFire wrote:
Not only that, would you believe that the mpx220 I bought from Best Buy had no Cingular logo loaded on it? It displayed the same generic "Mobile Operator" logo during startup as the development emulator. Looks like someone overlooked some branding issues.

Interesting I remember seeing a Hello (Orange Cingular) operator logo photo in one of the forums, posted by our reader who bought the MPx220.

Looks like Cingular is trying to sell this phone to the Palm lovers and Microsoft Smartphone lovers at the same time, by branding it as PalmOne MPx220. ROTFL!
jason3fc
Smartphone Neophyte

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The other day when I was in Best Buy there was a huge placard for the Mpx220 on the phone display except it said:

MXP220.. No one proof reads.
MS Mobiles
Smartphone Pupil

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 2:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Get Mobile E-mail on Your PalmOne MPx220 Reply with quote

This incident shows that PalmOne has bigger brand in smartphones in USA than Microsoft !

But on the other hand - in long term - it is possible that we will see Windows Mobile device from PalmOne...
aristoBrat
Smartphone Thinker

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The SMT is barely AT&T branded as well. I wonder if Cingular and AT&T know they're going to merge and have a new logo soon, so they're doing the whole "no logo" thing until then?!
AMelis
Smartphone Pupil

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aristoBrat wrote:
The SMT is barely AT&T branded as well. I wonder if Cingular and AT&T know they're going to merge and have a new logo soon, so they're doing the whole "no logo" thing until then?!

No. Last business reports I read, Cingular gets to use the ATTWS logo for about 60~90 days, and then it reverts back to mother AT&T. Supposedly it will then be all Cingular with the splat and all that, but I think that they will not pass the opportunity to rebrand and relogo.
ale_ers
Smartphone Neophyte

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny I didn't notice the typo until I saw it here.

My question (and maybe I should post it elsewhere) is: How does this Cingular Xpress Mail work?

I read the card and the website and I still don't know. Does it install on your computer and therefore your computer has to stay on all the time?
lurch
Smartphone Ponderer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ale_ers wrote:
How does this Cingular Xpress Mail work?
I read the card and the website and I still don't know. Does it install on your computer and therefore your computer has to stay on all the time?

I checked on it, and yes, you install an app on your computer, then install an app on your phone, and that's how it checks.
I think your computer has to stay on for it to sync email, but I'm not 100% sure. I would definitely suspect so.
Sad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> NEWS All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: