FAQ Profile Memberlist Usergroups Register
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages -> Log in  
Verizon Wireless Announce Next Generation Windows Mobile-Based Device, The Samsung SCH-i730

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> Verizon Wireless Printable version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kingtechservices
Smartphone Neophyte

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 8:33 am    Post subject: Verizon Wireless Announce Next Generation Windows Mobile-Bas Reply with quote

The search is over for mobile professionals and gadget enthusiasts in need of a wireless device with reliable EV-DO high-speed connectivity, a familiar user interface and essential hardware features. Samsung's SCH-i730, featuring Microsoft's Windows Mobile software, is available today for large account customers and on July 7 for consumers, exclusively through Verizon Wireless.

Built to support EV-DO (Evolution-Data Optimized) and certain Bluetooth profiles, the Samsung SCH-i730 makes working on-the-go a breeze. With the i730, Verizon Wireless customers get quick wireless access to the Internet via Verizon Wireless' BroadbandAccess and seamless data exchange with other Bluetooth-enabled devices. Additionally, the Samsung i730 integrates an SD I/O expansion slot for memory expansion and additional productivity applications that easily can be loaded on the device.

The i730 slider device combines form with functionality, allowing for a 65,000-color touch screen as well as a fully integrated QWERTY keyboard. The screen is ideal for easy viewing of Pocket Excel, Outlook, Power Point, PDF files and Internet Explorer Web pages, while the keyboard enables consumers to complete tasks such as easily typing e-mail messages, taking notes or working on documents via Pocket Word.

Additional specifications of Samsung's SCH-i730, featuring Microsoft's Windows Mobile Second Edition software include:

Comprehensive Windows Mobile Support: Pocket MSN Messenger, Microsoft Reader 2.0 for Pocket PC, Windows Media Player 10, Microsoft Pictures, and ActiveSync
Built-in Wi-Fi: Access the Internet from your local coffee shop or wherever you can find a hot spot
SRS WOW Audio – Built-in speakers offer consumers a rich listening experience
Advanced Voice Recognition – Voice technology allows consumers to dial numbers, find contacts and open applications with the sound of their voice
Sprite Backup Application – Personal information is protected with the i730's PIM software
Personal Information Manager (PIM) Backup Application – Personal information is never lost with the i730's PIM software
Large Display – The 240 x 320 pixel, 2.8", 65,000-color TFT touch-sensitive LCD display is capable of holding up to 17 lines of dynamically sized text
Compact Design – Measuring only 5.2 x 2.8 x 0.6 inches and weighing 5.5 ounces with a standard battery, the i730 fits easily into a suit pocket, purse or briefcase
Speakerphone – An integrated speakerphone means that consumers can enjoy hands-free use of the i730
MP3 Player and 3D Audio Equalizer – Plays digital music and provides rich bass and full sound with SRS WOW XT audio technology and built-in stereo speakers
Advanced Memory Capabilities – 64 MB RAM/128 MB Flash and an SD I/O expansion slot allow for scalable memory expansion
High-Speed Processor – The i730 is powered by an Intel PXA 272 (520 MHz) processor
Call Management – Caller ID, voice mail, call forwarding, call waiting and call logs mean consumers always know who's on the line
Removable Battery – Perfect for road warriors, the i730's battery can be removed and replaced with a fully-charged battery while on-the-go, helping customers stay connected
Built-in Bluetooth Wireless Technology – Supported profiles include: Service Discovery, file transfer, generic access, HandsFree, Mono Headset, Human Interface Device – Bluetooth keyboard only, Object Exchange, Object Push, Serial Port and ActiveSync
The i730 retails for $599.99 with a two-year customer agreement and will be available on July 7 in over 1,900 Verizon Wireless Communications stores including those in Circuit City as well as in Best Buy and select RadioShack stores nationwide.
ARW
Smartphone Theorist

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So now that they're launched the i730, when are we going to see the i645/640?
Santa Fe
Smartphone Thinker

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is certainly an interesting looking device. My i600 is built like a tank with its folding clamshell style and is perfect for my mountain biking, horse riding, ranching lifesyle. I wonder if this phone is as able to take hard work? For those days at the local coffee shop the bluetooth function sounds pretty wonderful.
maxnix
Smartphone Ponderer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ARW wrote:
So now that they're launched the i730, when are we going to see the i645/640?

Never. See my post it the SCH-164x thread.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> Verizon Wireless All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: