FAQ Profile Memberlist Usergroups Register
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages -> Log in  
Having to soft-reset the phone every once in a while?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> Rogers Printable version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
subzerohf
Smartphone Ponderer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:29 pm    Post subject: Having to soft-reset the phone every once in a while? Reply with quote

Does anybody have any issue using Rogers MyMail (by Visto)?

I've been using it for over two months now. It has been smooth sailing until recently. Occasionally the phone will stop receiving mail. When I check the MyMail service on the phone, it shows the Network Status as "pending". Stopping and restarting the service does not help. I have to soft reset the phone, and it goes back to work fine.

This is not very good because I am concerned about not getting email when I should. I have to check the phone every once in a while to be sure. Sad I wonder if this is just my luck.
Mike Temporale
Managing Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I don't use MyMail, and I'm not on Rogers but I think we're having the same problem. Sounds funny, eh? I'm on Fido and occasionaly over the last couple weeks Pocket Outlook will fail to check email saying that there is no coverage. Nothing I can do will fix it until I restart the phone.

I think all of this is a result of the merger between the two companies. I got a phone message from Fido just before all this started to happen saying "we are currently working on our new expanded network in your area. You may notice some intruptions due to this". So I just figured it was all merger pains.

I hope it gets back to normal soon. Sad
subzerohf
Smartphone Ponderer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, thanks for info. That makes me feel better already (that I am not alone) Wink

By the way, what's is Fido's email solution? ActiveSync? POP mail? Or some proprietary program similar to MyMail?
Mike Temporale
Managing Editor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fido? They don't have one that I know of. Sad I'm just using the automatic check every hour from the phone. Once the new exchange update is released in the fall, I'll re-evaluate getting exchange server and running that. Until then, this works well enough for me. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> Rogers All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: