FAQ Profile Memberlist Usergroups Register
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages -> Log in  
Bluetooth SIG Working on Compatibility with UWB

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> OFF-TOPIC Printable version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jerry Raia
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 5:00 pm    Post subject: Bluetooth SIG Working on Compatibility with UWB Reply with quote

http://bluetooth.weblogsinc.com/ent...34000020069696/

"By the third quarter of 2007, the Bluetooth Special Interest Group (SIG) will have updated its roadmap to compatibility with UWB technology to by concentrating on media-access control (MAC) layers, improved security features, higher data rates, and improved quality of service. The newest cores will be designed with making interoperability with UWB a major component. The SIG is expecting data rates for Bluetooth to rise from 3 Mbit/s to 480 Mbit/s as a result of this collaoration"

Third quarter of 2007 seems a way off. Does anyone else wonder how this will fair with Wireless USB floating about? I am glad to see it though as BT is pretty slow when it comes to data transfers.

[3125] [BlackJack] [8525]
Kris Kumar
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well they will put the spec out in third quarter of 07. And the manufacturers will take their own sweet time to apply it. And carriers will take their own sweet time releasing it to the masses. Yawn!

I think I will wait till I see a device in my hand.

BTW, the latest version of Bluetooth. What is it? I don't think any of the Smartphones have it? Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> OFF-TOPIC All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: