FAQ Profile Memberlist Usergroups Register
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages -> Log in  
Wal-Martification of Mobility

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> OFF-TOPIC Printable version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jerry Raia
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:00 pm    Post subject: Wal-Martification of Mobility Reply with quote

http://www.russellbeattie.com/noteb...ok/1008714.html

"I’m hardly surprised at this, but still it’s sad to see this report from eMarketer that Wal-Mart has taken over the number one position in the last 6 months in terms of handset sales in retail stores. Consumers always want inexpensive or free phones, that’s for sure. But Wal-Mart I’m sure is pushing it to extremes, with the cheapest phones and most basic plans. Not good for mobility in general, the mobile market or anyone in particular except maybe Chinese sweat shop owners who have deals with them."

I don't know if I share the concern here. I doubt many of the people running to Wal Mart for free phones would really be interested in the kinds of things we are here.

[3125] [BlackJack] [8525]
dwest218
Smartphone Pupil

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that Wal-Mart is not good for the Microsoft smartphone. I also wonder if the Wal-Mart sales are mostly people who have never owned a cell phone before and are just entering the arena??
ctmagnus
Smartphone Theorist

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I can at all help it, I stay as far from Wal-Mart as possible.
mbranscum
Smartphone Intellectual

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally could care less if Wal-Mart sells phones. The more competition the merrier!

I mean...if I can buy that cool Razr phone (just kidding!!!) at Wal-Mart for $68 on a two year contract...and not have to mail in a stupid rebate that takes 6 months to get back...why not buy it there!? Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> OFF-TOPIC All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: