FAQ Profile Memberlist Usergroups Register
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages -> Log in  
Quick question: Does the Unlimited "Media Net" 19.99 plan Give FULL web access?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> AT&T Wireless - Cingular Printable version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bill Harrison
Smartphone Pupil

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 5:36 am    Post subject: Quick question: Does the Unlimited "Media Net" 19 Reply with quote

I currently have the much more expensive PDA connect plan, because I was told by cingular that the Media net package ONLY allows access to cingulars media net. I need access to the full web, and also use MSN messenger and Agile Messenger. Google maps, etc.

I would like to go to this plan, and save 15-20 bucks a month, but I want to make sure it includes everything I need.

Anyone know for sure? Going by cingular it doesnt, but I have seen many of you comment that you have this plan, and it seems too.

Whats the definitive answer Razz

Bill

ACk! Edit: I have an SMT5600 (For now - Soon to be 2125 I Hope!)
sven
Smartphone Sage

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gives me as full an internet experience as is possible with Pocket versions of IE, IM, etc. I originally got it with my SMT5600 at a Cingular store and they made no mention of limitations. In fact I found it difficult to even connect to the MediaNet site, as there is no link to it like there is on a non-windows phone.

It's at http://dmxml.infospace.com/_1_B2RU1...m/i.xhtml?var=5 in case anyone is interested.

That SIM, with associated access, happens to be in a K-Jam at the moment, also with no apparent restrictions.
elehcdn
Smartphone Neophyte

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pulling the sim out of my MPx220 and putting it into a SE Edge card, I am able to get full internet access on my MediaNet Unlimited plan.
ARW
Smartphone Theorist

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got the $20 data package and use it with my SP5m. I haven't run into any limitations, either with the phone or laptop tethered to the phone.

I find the phone so much more useful with data that I can't imagine the phone without the data package.
Edgar
Smartphone Thinker

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tether my MPX220 to my Hp HX4700 and browse away with Netfront. All sites, VPN, IMAP, Citrix, POP3, etc All on the unlimted $19.99 plan.
kerrins
Smartphone Pupil

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have full internet access on my phone, but when I tried to install my SIM into an 8125 (a friend just bought it) I was unable to connect. In my converstations with Cingular they say it works for smart phones, but not for PDA phones...not sure how it would know the difference with the hardware.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> AT&T Wireless - Cingular All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: