FAQ Profile Memberlist Usergroups Register
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages -> Log in  
Cingular 2125 Unavailable
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> Just Chattin' Printable version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
divinus
Smartphone Neophyte

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 4:27 pm    Post subject: Cingular 2125 Unavailable Reply with quote

Does anyone else get the 2125 as a phone option from Cingular's website? It was there on the 23rd (last I checked), but it seems they've removed it after Christmas...

I even googled around for a direct link and it comes up blank:

http://onlinestorez.cingular.com/ce...mp;WT.svl=mod22
Jerry Raia
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not on the west coast web site either.

[2125]
[8125]
Mike Temporale
Managing Editor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great. Why does Cingular put phones up and pull them down so much. Rolling Eyes
bz999
Smartphone Pupil

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When the phones are moving outa inventory too fast and are backordered they are taken offline to keep up with shipping and customer service. They will be back once they get the next shipment in their warehouse. Question is, when do these babies appear in the brick and mortar retail stores ??
Mike Temporale
Managing Editor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bz999 wrote:
When the phones are moving outa inventory too fast and are backordered they are taken offline to keep up with shipping and customer service. They will be back once they get the next shipment in their warehouse. Question is, when do these babies appear in the brick and mortar retail stores ??

But this is confusing to the customer who is looking and comparing models only to find the model they like is no longer listed. Wouldn't it be more logical to show an inventory label or a backordered warning? Imagine if Amazon pulled a listing just because they didn't have the stock - people would be lost trying to find a product. Amazon simply adjusts the shippment date.
Sovi
Smartphone Neophyte

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 7:42 am    Post subject: 2125 on Backorder since before Christmas Reply with quote

Hello,

I am new to forum, but have been reading/learning from all. I ordered the 2125 from the Cingular Website the Wednesday before Christmas, and when didn't arrive, they couldn't find the order -- and then finally did but informed me it was on backorder. I think because it is no longer listed on their website it also is not something I can track. Each time I call customer service they can't find the order all over again and then suddenly do.

I agree with the previous posters about just *listing* it as back-ordered to give the option of waiting, but at least knowing it's there.

Now I am moving through my '30 days return policy'... with no phone to decide.

I am former ATT, using Motorola MPX200 that finally is showing its age. I was off contract and could've gone to anyone - now am 2 years to Cingular still with no phone.

Sorry, did not want first post to be a disrespect - just frustrated! The posts here have been very helpful in getting me to *want* the 2125! Just have to get it now!

Thanks,

Sovi
Mike Temporale
Managing Editor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Sovi, welcome to the site!

I don't think you're 30days starts until you get your hands on the phone. I'm only guessing, but it doesn't seem fair that you're trial period starts before you even have the phone. Confused
booku20
Smartphone Pupil

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The same thing happened to me. I ordered it. Order was canceled and I was never notified. I reordered and now they tell me they're in backorder. However, I got a call from my store telling me that they now have it in stock. Cingular's inventory management is a nightmare. Has anyone heard when the next shipment should be in and backorders will start to release?
jfreiman
Smartphone Theorist

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That happened to me too - on Wednesday!!!

They had no explanation - NONE when I called about it on Tuesday.

I had to re-order the phone and now it's on its way.

-John
(PS. this is a replacement for my less than 2 week old 2125 which keeps going into flight mode on it's own.) Mad
bz999
Smartphone Pupil

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Temporale wrote:
bz999 wrote:

But this is confusing to the customer who is looking and comparing models only to find the model they like is no longer listed. Wouldn't it be more logical to show an inventory label or a backordered warning? Imagine if Amazon pulled a listing just because they didn't have the stock - people would be lost trying to find a product. Amazon simply adjusts the shippment date.

LOL. We are indeed talkin about CINGULAR .. right?? lol. ok no further questions!! LOLOL. Naw, i agree, theyre e-commerce practice are totally ass backwards! They should emulate DELL.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> Just Chattin' All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: