FAQ Profile Memberlist Usergroups Register
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages -> Log in  
Troubleshooting My Blackjack

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> Samsung-based Smartphones Printable version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tavarde
Smartphone Neophyte

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:27 am    Post subject: Troubleshooting My Blackjack Reply with quote

Hello everyone. I recently purchased one of those nifty Samsung Blackjacks from Cingular. I got the plan for all the online features; email, internet, IM, everything. The guy at the store told me it'd take about a day for internet and such to become active.

It became active the next day as said, as this wasn't the problem. After two days of normal use I can no longer access the internet in any fashion, whether it's a random website or shopping ringtones/music/video and all the other stuff found in Cingular Mall. To be quite specific it says:

ALERT

The page cannot be found. Check the name and try again.

That was from trying to shop tones. It does that for everything else now and I can't figure out why. It had worked like normal before.

Might anyone know what I did? What button I pressed? What mode I inadvertently switched to? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
billcalle
Smartphone Pupil

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had this happen about once a week since I got the phone. I don't think its a Blackjack problem as my 2125 used to do the same thing. In my case, I think the connection settings (specifically DNS) stop working. I find that simply disconnecting the data connection fixes things once a new data conneciton is established. This can be done from the menu in the Wireless Manager. Hope it works for you too...
Mike Temporale
Managing Editor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, this sounds like a network issue. I would talk to Cingular they should be able to help out. It sounds like they might have messed up your data package or something.
Tavarde
Smartphone Neophyte

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's strange, I tell you. I went to the Cingular store where I got the phone, talked to a guy who's helped me there before. I called them up to troubleshoot the issue and it seems I'd changed some setting (don't remember but if I see it again I will).

So now, I can use the internet. But I still can't shop tones/games/graphics. It was working fine at the store, and I know I didn't touch anything.

I'll possibly repost this on a busier forum, no offense Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> Samsung-based Smartphones All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: