FAQ Profile Memberlist Usergroups Register
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages -> Log in  
ASUS M530w (Aries) Spotted at CeBIT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> HARDWARE Printable version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kris Kumar
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:00 am    Post subject: ASUS M530w (Aries) Spotted at CeBIT Reply with quote

http://www.engadget.com/2007/03/16/...m530w-at-cebit/

"ASUS had the Aries on the show floor and we just couldn't resist asking it to say "cheese" and give us a big smile. Reminiscent of devices like the HTC Excalibur and just about every Blackberry, the M530w has a full QWERTY keyboard for your typing pleasure, a huge d-pad and scroll wheel for Blackberry-style play. For connectivity, this half inch thick wonder has triple-band (900 / 1800 / 1900) GSM, 2100 MHz (can you feel the pain? can ya?) UMTS / HSDPA, and of course EDGE. What self-respecting Windows Mobile 6 powered device would be complete without WiFi and Bluetooth to round out a fairly sweet set of features."

At the 3GSM conference ASUS had announced its QWERTY Smartphone, sorry, I meant to say Standard device. This Windows Mobile 6 Standard device is a 3G capable unit, and its 2 Mega pixel camera has a unique business card recognition system. Cool Overall, I like the styling of the model displayed at CeBIT compared to the one we saw when it was announced at the 3GSM. It is hard to make out the thickness, and its overall size compared to the Q/Dash. It does not look like a bulky unit, and seems well designed to give the upcoming Moto Q q9 and HTC Cavalier some serious competition.

Update: Just re-read Engadget's post, and realized that this ASUS model sports only Tri-band GSM and 2100MHz for 3G. What were you thinking, ASUS? Rolling Eyes
Managing Editor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had my hands on this phone last week. It was ok, but seemed thick. In reality it was almost the exact same size as the new Q Q9, but lacks the style.
Kris Kumar
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Temporale wrote:
I had my hands on this phone last week. It was ok, but seemed thick. In reality it was almost the exact same size as the new Q Q9, but lacks the style.

Are you trying to say that you had the ASUS phone and the Q q9 both in your hands last week? Shocked
Managing Editor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kris Kumar wrote:
Are you trying to say that you had the ASUS phone and the Q q9 both in your hands last week? Shocked

Yup. Mr. Green
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> HARDWARE All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: