FAQ Profile Memberlist Usergroups Register
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages -> Log in  
What Do You Mean by "Locked"?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> ARTICLE Printable version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pete Paxton
Contributing Editor-in-Training

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 6:00 pm    Post subject: What Do You Mean by "Locked"? Reply with quote

http://blogs.msdn.com/windowsmobile...-by-locked.aspx

The Windows Mobile Team Blog has a glossary of mobile phone "locked" terms. If you've ever wondered what the difference between SIM Locked, Bootloader Locked, Application Locked, PIN Locked (or Device Locked), and SIM PIN Locked are, Shocked (confused yet?), then this site may be of some assistance to you. So go fill your head with knowledge so you know (or can at least act like you know) what you're talking about at the next mobile phone party, conference, or whatever.
Mike Temporale
Managing Editor

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great resource. There are just too many locks when it comes to phones. Hopefully this can help people understand them. I still get confused when I try and talk about the different locks.
WyattEarp
Smartphone Pupil

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After reading that i realize that application lock is more geared towards MS Smartphones than regular cellphones. My RAZR for example had an application lock which allows me to lock off access to any app I wanted to keep prying eyes out of.
I don't mind the locks but make them quick and easy to get to and use. Just get rid of the SIM Lock so I don't have to request the unlock code from TMO everytime I get a new phone.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> ARTICLE All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: