FAQ Profile Memberlist Usergroups Register
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages -> Log in  
My new MPX-220 will be here on Monday!!!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> Motorola-based Smartphones Printable version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jerry Raia
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 7:44 pm    Post subject: Re: I guess I got my answer...... Reply with quote

xxpinballxx wrote:
You think I Should wait a month or so and see if there is going to be any other updated versions?

Well tomorrow afternoon I'll have a new phone. I'll post which ROM version I get and the changes noted if any.

[2125]
[8125]
james840a
Smartphone Ponderer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NEWS UPDATE sorry about repeats in the discuss group dont know how to link to the other post

I just got my MPx220 replacement lastnight via UPS from Cingular. And lo and behold it has the ROM update 1.30.0.0 on it. YEPPY

Lastnight i took sometime to compair my old phone with the new one. Plus i had two other none mpx220/moto people to listen and compair. 1.) there is a great difference on the ring volumn of the old phone and new phone. On my old phone i could bearly hear it ring when it was in my belt clip. The New phone WOW what a difference, the volumn is really loud and i can hear it lot clearer on my belt clip. Now i wont miss any calls, like before. 2.) the volumn on the speaker phone of the new phone is improved, and is a little louder then on the old phone. 3.) The volumn on the ear peace speaker is improved also and is a little louder then on the old phone. 4.) i also took one picture from my old phone and one from the new phone. I dont know how to attach pictures here in this site. So ill discribe the difference. On both phones the setting were set to the same, Night mode with flash on. The picture from the old phone came out dark and just didnt look very good, even tho the flash was on. The picture from the new phone, same setting and same lighting, the picture came out alot better and there is a difference between the two pictures. Grated they still arent the best picture but it is only a 1.2mpixel camera compared to my canon eos 10d 6.3

All and all the update fixed the proplems that i had with the phone. Each person may have there own oppions now. But as far as im concered i am now happy with cingular since they are the ones that helped me with my proplem. Thankfully im glad that best buy screwed me, because if not i would have gottin the .342 update and not the 1.30.0.0 update. And still i will write a letter to best buy to have my 2yr 39.99 refunded back and to let them know about the hasle i went thru.

James
P.S. Thank you Cingular
xxpinballxx
Smartphone Ponderer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:55 am    Post subject: New 1.30 update sounds good to me!!!!!! Reply with quote

Thanks james for the comparison. I did go back and get my .342. Barely any difference in all aspects if you ask me. I guess as long as the ringer is louder and the earpiece i can be happy with this phone. Those were my two big gripes.

Now i have to call cingular XBM and get my updated phone.
I think I will write a letter too. What did you mean by refunding your 2yr. 39.99?
james840a
Smartphone Ponderer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the 2yr was for the extended warrenty plan. Now that i have got my phone replaced from cingular.

Welcome everyone
xxpinballxx
Smartphone Ponderer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 12:57 pm    Post subject: 2 yr. Warranty... Reply with quote

I see. I also purchased the warranty. I think you should at least get some type of gift card in that amount. Let me know of any refund if you could.

Thanks again for the comparison.[/quote]
stevew
Smartphone Ponderer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a question....why in the world doesn't Moto or Cingular have the ROM update available for download like Pocket PC vendors? Wouldn't it be easier on everyone involved rather than all this returning units, hoping you get an updated phone and all the phone calls and hassels? I don't get it.
Jerry Raia
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got my replacement from Cingular:

1.30.0.0 Rock on dude!

Haven't had a chance to use it much yet though.

[2125]
[8125]
PPCMD
Smartphone Intellectual

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure why, it could be that they are updating the ROM alot, could be that only Cingular is supporting this phone so they are only worried about a Cingular ROM right now.

Indications are that they may offer d/l ROM's later but that is rumor and speculation right now.

Lastly this isn't like all other PPC's since it has a phone stack involved and you could turn it into a paperweight and some users have no clue how to do this.
Jerry Raia
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone who went through the i600 upgrade disaster knows how that can be Cool

[2125]
[8125]
Mike Temporale
Managing Editor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerry Raia wrote:
Just got my replacement from Cingular:

1.30.0.0 Rock on dude!

Congrats!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> Motorola-based Smartphones All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: