FAQ Profile Memberlist Usergroups Register
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages -> Log in  
Using MPX220 as Bluetooth modem with Axim x50v
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> Motorola-based Smartphones Printable version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jutaejr
Smartphone Neophyte

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:16 am    Post subject: Cingular GPRS Reply with quote

Hi all. I just got a MPX220 hence I am new to this forum but have been a member of ppcthoughts since 2002. I have a Dell Axim X50v also. I used to
use a cf gprs modem with my HP 2215 and T Mobile. I am eager to try out the connection strings for Cingular. Hopefully I can skip the mpx headache and just place my sim in the cf modem. I'll post my results. One question; I had an unlimited data plan with T Mobile for $19.99 month. Does CIngular offer this also?
username
Smartphone Neophyte

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

I wonder if people are still having problems getting the Axim -> MPx220 -> GPRS to work.

I have an Axim X30. I have tried everything but can't get it to work automatically. I even hard-reset the PDA, upgraded to the latest software on both the phone and the PDA, still does not work.

The PDA connects to the phone (get Connection: Established) but then it comes back and says connection failed (cannot connect for an unknown reason) - seems it does not know how to dial. I tried the modem string with and without the +AT also tried without it. Still does not work. I don't even see the phone go into data mode.

If I manually enter the dial command ATDT*99#, I see the phone go into data mode and I can check my e-mail, get on the web, etc.

So, it seems there is some kind of communication problem between the phone and the PDA so the automatic AT commands are not processed correctly. Any ideas?

Thanks.
Kris Kumar
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

username wrote:

If I manually enter the dial command ATDT*99#, I see the phone go into data mode and I can check my e-mail, get on the web, etc.

Confused Sorry could not follow you.

username wrote:

So, it seems there is some kind of communication problem between the phone and the PDA so the automatic AT commands are not processed correctly. Any ideas?

MPx220 does give PDA's a hard time. Evil or Very Mad

The dialup configuration on the PDA side needs some precise settings to make things work. I hope you have checked this post. And are following it word for word. Smile

Basically what you want to do is that ask the PDA dialup to popup a box during dialup where you can enter the manually enter the AT command. And you have to paste the following string into the window that popups up. This window is NOT the same as the AT command single line text box in the dialup settings.

The AT command looks something like this..
AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","<put_apn_here>","",0,0d*99#
username
Smartphone Neophyte

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kris,

Thanks. It is funny that I browsed through all 8 pages of this topic, saw the posts but did not sink in. So, eventually I did essentially what the posters said. It was 2AM in the morning so my head was not working too well.

The interesting thing is that all I had to do is ATDT*99# on the dial string. Putting in these extra CGDCONT... returns errors.

My guess is this is a timing issue somewhere. Either the Axim does not see the MPx220s "ready for you to issue AT commands" or the Axim's AT commands did not really reach the MPx220.

Anyone from Motorola, Microsoft or Dell can look into this?
Kris Kumar
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

username wrote:
Putting in these extra CGDCONT... returns errors.

Interesting. So you are specifying only ATDT*99#.

I should dig out my MPx220 and try it out. I have been happily using the SP3i. Which does not need any extra settings.

Also what carrier are you on?
username
Smartphone Neophyte

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am on Cingular.
mediamarq
Smartphone Neophyte

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:32 pm    Post subject: Manual Dial Terminal Reply with quote

Sorry to go back to a previous post on this string...but nobody seemed to answer the question.

I do not see any text when I type (or paste) text into the man. dial terminal, it just flashes the cursor at the top left corner.
Has anyone figured that one out yet?

Oh, its on a Dell Axim x51v with WM5
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> Motorola-based Smartphones All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: