FAQ Profile Memberlist Usergroups Register
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages -> Log in  
Enable Bluetooth Stereo A2DP on your Windows Mobile 5 Device
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> NEWS Printable version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike Temporale
Managing Editor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:15 am    Post subject: Enable Bluetooth Stereo A2DP on your Windows Mobile 5 Device Reply with quote

http://www.theunwired.net/?itemid=3014

"The guys over at xda-developers.com did it again and found a way to enable A2DP on Windows Mobile AKU 2 updated devices, even if your operator left out the A2DP and AVRC Bluetooth stereo profile out! Sure, this is neither a supported tweak nor an official way to get A2DP enabled on your Windows Mobile 5 device and therefore everything you do, you do on your own. Basically, the original way "sas90850" and "kyunga" posted contains 4 files (3 DLLs and one CAB file) and a Registry modification you have to do on your own. However, "Khuanchai" packed everything in one CAB file which installs all DLLs and the CAB on your device and modifies the Registry on its own, no need to modify it yourself anymore."

I know a lot of you were upset about the lack of A2DP on the AKU2 update. Well, thanks to the great work done by the guys over at XDA-Developers.com, you can enable this one your device. Check out Arne's post over at the::unwired for all the links and details. Mr. Green
xultar
Smartphone Theorist

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PH*CK YEA! I wasn't going to mess with my 2125 and put the imate SP5 on but now I am then I will do this bad boy.

YEAH PH*CKIN YEAH!
Jerry Raia
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read through the thread. It uses up a ton of memory. Some said they couldn't start other apps when it is running. Is listening to music on your phone worth all that? I ask you! Confused
xultar
Smartphone Theorist

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerry Raia wrote:
I read through the thread. It uses up a ton of memory. Some said they couldn't start other apps when it is running. Is listening to music on your phone worth all that? I ask you! Confused

AHHH PH*CK YEAH! WOO HOO!!!
mountain
Smartphone Neophyte

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 2:54 pm    Post subject: Help with A2DP installation instructions Reply with quote

I tried following the instructions from Kynga to install A2DP on my SP5m, and I got stuck at an early stage. Does anyone know how to follow this intsruction?
"...unlocked by RegEditSTG.exe and SDA_ApplicationUnlock.exe"

Where I do get those applications? How do I find the registry? HELP!
xultar
Smartphone Theorist

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Help with A2DP installation instructions Reply with quote

mountain wrote:
I tried following the instructions from Kynga to install A2DP on my SP5m, and I got stuck at an early stage. Does anyone know how to follow this intsruction?
"...unlocked by RegEditSTG.exe and SDA_ApplicationUnlock.exe"

Where I do get those applications? How do I find the registry? HELP!

You have the SP5 Rom? if so use this it worked for me...HTCUnlock-CVS @ the link below.

http://www.spv-developers.com/forum...hread.php?t=679

I put the imate SP5M AKU2 Rom on mine today and the only way I could app unlock was use the HTCUnlock-CVS.

Try @ your own risk.
mountain
Smartphone Neophyte

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Xultar! That helped me get farther. It seems to have worked in some respects... when I connect my Motorola HT820 stereo BT headset I get to click the Stereo Wireless profile. But when I play sounds they come out of the handset and not the headset! This occurs whether I also have the handsfree profile clicked or not. Any suggestions?
xultar
Smartphone Theorist

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mountain wrote:
Thanks Xultar! That helped me get farther. It seems to have worked in some respects... when I connect my Motorola HT820 stereo BT headset I get to click the Stereo Wireless profile. But when I play sounds they come out of the handset and not the headset! This occurs whether I also have the handsfree profile clicked or not. Any suggestions?

I don't know cuz I just tried it and it didn't work. I'm going back through the posts and I'm trying to see what needs to be done.

Something tells me that the registry values might not be correct.

I'll keep you posted because I may need to ask you what your registry values are k. I'll PM you if I need to get that info.
Jerry Raia
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stop the insanity! :razzing:
MitchellO
Smartphone Ponderer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How awesome are the guys at xda-dev. If they were developing the phones, they would include all of the features us users want Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> NEWS All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: